The stories I'm about to tell need a preface. Here you go.
Yesterday the wife of the first counselor in our stake presidency called me. She just got a mac and has been playing around with making movies, so she called to get my blog address so she could watch some of mine for ideas and inspiration. I was flattered. The problem? She is practically perfect. I want to be just like her when I grow up. (Which obviously hasn't happened yet. :) So after I gave her the address I immediately scoured my blog, just in case I had said something inappropriate that would humiliate me. I didn't find anything off the wall, but I did notice something: my blog has been really ... um, negative? cynical? pessimistic? whiney? something like that ... lately. Then I went to my sister's blog. And her last three posts have been all optimistic about how sweet and wonderful her kids are. And I felt guilty. So, to appease that guilt, today I'm gonna tell you cute stories about my kids.
________________________________________
Last week Seara and I had this conversation. What is so crazy about it is that I have never recited, read, or taught her this scripture. Thank you, Primary! I'm pretty sure she said some of the lines out of order, but I don't know which ones she said where, so I just put them how the verse really goes.
Sease: Can you say 'establish a house'?
Me: [thinking: what??] Establish a house.
Sease: Can you say 'even a house of prayer'?
Me: [thinking: okay, where on earth is this coming from??] Even a house of prayer.
Sease: Can you say 'even a house of fasting'?
Me: [thinking: nuh-uh! She doesn't really know this!] Even a house of fasting.
Sease: Can you say 'even a house of faith'?
Me: [thinking: oh.wow.]Even a house of faith.
Sease: Can you say 'even a house of learning'?
Me: Even a house of learning.
Sease: Can you say 'even a house of glory'?
Me: Even a house of glory.
Sease: Can you say 'even a house of order'?
Me: Even a house of order.
Sease: Can you say 'even a house of ....'
Me: God.
Sease: Can you say 'even a house of God'?
Me: Even a house of God.
Sease: Good girl, mommy!
Me: [thinking: my kid is a GENIUS.] Thanks, Sease.
Seara is also really great at giving compliments. Just this morning we had this conversation:
Sease: Nice black shirt, mommy!
Me: Thank you.
Sease: Nice glasses, mommy!
Me: Thank you.
Sease: Nice face, mommy!
Me: Thank you.
Sease: Nice ears, mommy!
Me: Thanks, Seara.
________________________________________
A couple days ago Elijah found a scar on my foot ...
Lije: Mommy, do you have an owie?
Me: It's actually a scar. I got an owie when I was a little girl.
Lije: Do you need a band-aid?
Me: No, I'm okay.
Then he leaned down and gently kissed my scar three times, looked up me and said, "Mommy, I love you." Yeah, I think I'm gonna keep this kid.
________________________________________
I don't have any stories about Enoch. He learned to crawl this last week. And he claps, clicks his tongue, and smacks his lips when you do. He is pretty much the cutest thing ever. Not that I'm biased or anything. :)
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Mushy Stories
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Cute stories. It's the little things that make it all worth it. I love the Seara knows that scripture. That is awesome! Good job Primary!
I like how I call your child "the Seara".
You know, even when they drive you crazy, they know just how to melt your heart!
You know, you do have a nice face and nice ears. :)
Great stories!
I don't think Seara would ever compliment me like that on my ears. She'd say, "Nice BIG ears daddy!" :)
(Pssst. It's okay to vent and be negative sometimes. Really.)
(No, REALLY.)
Also, I personally have always thought you had totally GORGEOUS ears.
You're welcome.
Cute. I love the everyday comments. I need to write mine down too!
Janae, I love your blog. It is so fresh, honest, and uplifting. It is okay and normal to have a mix of the great, good, ok, and not so great.
Nobody is perfect, not even the stake president wife!
That is the primary scripture for March, I happen to know!
Yes, my life is crazy right now. Or should I say I am crazy. You might be able to help me in one area of my craziness. Does Sam know of any good illustrations books? I have been commissioned to illustrate a few children's books and I guess I need to learn how. he he.
Those are such sweet stories! I am so impressed with Seara knowing that scripture!
Loved these stories! For the record I enjoy your not so mushy posts too. It's a nice balance to the super mom ones so I know I'm not the only one with bad days! I don't think Seara is lying... she seems like a very straightfoward kid she tell you when she likes something (like your face) and when she doesn't (like your dancing!) Super smart too to memorize that scripture. It's amazing what they can absorb so young!
What cute kids. I can't wait to have a conversation with my child. He may just end up speaking baby his whole life!
Post a Comment