Yesterday was the ward talent show. We had everything from kids singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and doing somersaults, to adults break dancing and doing Junior Olympic jump roping. I must admit, I am always impressed that people will get up in front of crowds like that. You couldn't pay me enough to go up there. I'm getting an ulcer just thinking about it. Which is why I was so shocked last night when Seara kept clamoring to get up front, insisting to me, "I want to dance! I want to dance!"
Soon it was Elijah announcing, "My turn to do music! My turn to do music!" I swear I only blinked, and he had climbed up on to the stage, arms in the air, announcing to a silent crowd, "Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! I -- " [ and he is yanked off the stage by a humiliated mother].
As we were leaving I couldn't help but express my shock to Sam that my kids were so fearless in front of crowds and so anxious to perform. To which he replied, "Man, I only wish I had thought to do something!"
Never mind. I think I know where it comes from now.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
haha! so funny! And that picture of Enoch is so cute. :-)
Who would have thought You could ever have a shy bone in your body!!!
Hey you should have let Elijah continue on...it would have been interesting to see what he ended up doing. Your kids are so cute.
I agree with Krishele...I wonder where Elijah was going with that? So did you have to come home and do your own family talent show to appease everyone (Sam included)? :) And I love that picture of Enoch. So cute!
By the way...my kids are so excited that you guys are coming...well, let me correct that...my kids are so excited that "Uncle Sam" is coming. :)
Cara - what a smart idea! No, we didn't come home and do a family talent show, although we should have. I did put on my own talent display out in the parking lot, with only my family and the stars looking on. Just my kind of audience. :)
BTW, how funny that they are excited for Sam. Not me. Not the kids. Sam. He'll laugh when he reads your comment. What funny kids you have!
I would have breakdanced to Sease and Lije singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" while doing somersaults with a jump rope. With a hoola hoop around my waist. Too bad I didn't know about the show ahead of time.
Man, Sam, I so wish you would be the first commenter on every post. You say such funny things and everyone should have the pleasure of reading them!!
Man, you two are so funny!
Jodi ... why? Seriously. Because he likes talent shows and attention? Or because I don't? Where do you stand? :)
Post a Comment