Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Laziness = Food Poisoning


Lazy -->
Procrastinate grocery shopping -->
Do shopping the morning guests are coming -->
Buy pre-cut fruit tray because you no longer have time to cut it yourself -->
Food poisoning ... not only for yourself, but for your husband, children, and all your guests.

I'll understand if no one ever wants to eat at my house again. Really, I will.

20 comments:

Guy said...

In retrospect, perhaps I actually should have oven-cooked the honeydew featured in the last blog photo.

Note to self, Christmas present to Janae: mellon-baller.

We would do it again anytime (sans fruit tray), but no blood no foul.

Guy

Erin said...

That's terrible! I've bought those trays before for showers and such... now I'm going to be paranoid that everyone will get food poisoning. I'm sure they don't blame you. Food poisoning doesn't make for a fun rest of the weekend though I'm sure.

How's the potty training going? We need an update post, and I've been waiting for the wedding mishap post, and the wish list post if you decide to do it. What can I say when you give me a teaser I get excited!

Rachel Sue said...

From a fruit tray? That is awful! Thanks for the warning to the rest of us procrastinators out there!

Jennifer J said...

But at least this way you can blame it on the store. It would have been even worse if it had been something you made. (Although I would have blamed it on the store no matter what.)

Megan said...

That's awful! Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Babydoll said...

How terrible. Especially since you spend so much money on those. I hope you all recover quickly.

Lissa Nelson said...

Unbelievable! I hope you complain to the store.

katieo said...

oh. no.
(p.s. I'm not sure I agree with the laziness connection though. My family'd all be sick all the time if that were the case, lol!)

Cara said...

Food poisoning is the WORST! I still struggle to eat fish because of the food poisoning we all got in Chile (when I was 7 months pregnant) over 6 years ago. Lame-o!

Anonymous said...

That is the worst! So sorry! Good luck on getting guests to come and eat in the future! :)

Kristine said...

Oh sad :( I'm so sorry!

austinamasandra said...

The other day I bought a brand new tub of cool whip the other day and serve it over raspberries and angel food cake to my friends , only to get to the end and find a BIG mold spot...luckly no one got sick. I really wish they paid a little closer attention to what they sell in the stores...

Margaret Pratt said...

Food Poisoning is the absolute worst! Our family just went through the stomach flu and I really offered some of the most sincere prayers of my life. I am so sorry and hope everyone is better SOON! STUPID fruit tray!

janae said...

Erin - lol! You have a great memory! I have both posts started, but I haven't finished them yet. I decided to do the wedding mishaps one for my anniversary - so that one will come on August 6th. I know, forever away. But it seemed so appropriate! I haven't posted my wish list because I feel bad having a list of 'things' I want with this whole economic crisis. So I'm trying to figure out a way to post it with tact. It's coming, I swear! You are so sweet for remembering. I'm so glad at least one person really likes my blog!! (Okay, I should say two. My sister Cara likes it too. :)

Erin said...

Thanks for indulging me! You're just such a good writer! It's like having a newspaper columnist that posts about things I want to hear about and now I'm making requests! Tons of people like your blog! You get more comments than anyone I know. I couldn't believe that you honestly didn't have any comments at the beginning of your blog. I thought it must have been some kind of mistake! I'll try to be patient waiting for the posts!:-)

Krishele said...

A fruit tray?! I would expect something like that from a meat and cheese spread, but fruit?!

Bah! I'm glad we didn't get pre-cut fruit when I was there. Could you imagine how bad that would stink? I mean, it stinks anyway, but to be sick on vacation, bleh! I'm glad to hear that there were no lasting effects though.

Sarah said...

Did you go back to the store? They should totally give you a huge gift card! They probably didn't wash their hands. Poor you guys! I've had food poisoning - at girls camp. It's awful!

Janell said...

Well, hey, maybe next time you invite people over they will offer to bring the food and you won't have that stress. Friends over and free food...isn't that worth food poisoning? Okay, maybe not. But seriously, from a fruit tray? Sad.

Jodi said...

I like your blog. You can up the number to 3.
Very sad about the fruit. Did you call the store and get a refund?

janae said...

Jodi - I am planning on calling the store just to tell them to wash the fruit better. I doubt I'll ask for a refund, though, because it will only make me upset if they say no. I get all worked up on the phone. I'm so ridiculous! :)