Thursday, April 30, 2009

SuperMom Stuff - April

Tub Time (bathing suits + bowls + cups = significantly more fun)

Body Painting (shaving cream + naked = significantly more fun)

Inside Bike Show (the dining room was cleared for mopping, the kids were bored, and it was cold outside)

Milk Mixing (it all started with dying their milk pink ...)

Grocery Shopping
(I saved boxes, bottles, etc. for weeks, glued them shut, and set up a little grocery store. The kids used a laundry basket to go shopping, paid with expired insurance cards, and then I bagged everything they bought so they could take it all home.)

Five Green & Speckled Frogs (the eyes are those glue on kind)


(here - print this and you can make your own)

15 comments:

Mary Catherine Blackburn said...

You have the coolest ideas Janae!! Love it

Natalie said...

do you seriously think of all these things on your own? Im impressed. I'm going to be a lame mom--that is, unless I reference your blog often.

janae said...

Natalie - I wouldn't take complete credit for any of my ideas. Most of my ideas are inspired by other things, and I just take them to a new level. Take the frogs - we sang the Raffi song one day, and I remembered that the nursery had some kind of frog something for the kids to hold. I couldn't remember what, so I just made up something. So it wasn't really my idea - I'm always inspired by things I've seen or heard.

Meg said...

I love the groceries! That was my favorite part of the children's museums we've visited in the past. I think my problem when I tried to recreate some of that at home was I didn't make a complete set before Jaide got to destroying what I did make. That and I didn't put something inside the boxes like they did at the museums. I love your ideas and I'm glad you took pictures too!

heidizinha said...

i'm letting my daughter watch tv right now. beat that super mom!

just kidding. you're amazing.

Krishele said...

I love the speckled frog song! I'm going to print myself out some frogs! The kiddos will just love me!...thanks to you.

Jennifer J said...

You amaze me!

Becca Sharp said...

I love the Grocery Shopping idea too! What a fun thing to do! I'm so gonna copy you on some of these things!!!

Sam Ricks said...

Janae+kids=significantly more fun+entertainment. Loved the post!

Cara said...

Okay. I loved Sam's comment. How sweet is that?

Along with everyone else, I loved the grocery shopping. But I also loved the ideas that were simpler and took less planning time (like coloring milk, bowls and cups in the tub, and the bike show). You inspire me Janae. I'm trying to be better because of you. (Which also translates into "I'm feeling guilty for not spending more quality time with my kids.") :)

Babydoll said...

What fun ideas. Your kids are lucky to have such a great mom. I know it can be hard to keep up with the day to day things, let alone doing the fun stuff!

our big bus said...

Thank you for the frog print out.

Jolie said...

Oooo, those are some great ideas! I might steal the grocery shopping idea.

And I commend you for being brave enough to do shaving cream with the kids so near carpet?! I don't think I would have been as brave.
But they sure looked cute playing in it!

Anonymous said...

What good ideas! I love the grocery idea!

Asialene said...

Thanks for sharing all these wonderful ideas! I am one that always needs to add some spice to my girls' play time, so thanks!