Friday, April 24, 2009

my Wish List

I meant to get Enoch's 6 month pictures taken on time. I really did. But I blinked and suddenly he was 9 1/2 months. Oops. Well here are his "6 month" pictures. My friend Sue took them again. I love her.


This, of course, leads to my wish list. (You'll follow the logic once you read the first bullet.)

  • A really nice camera, that way I don't have to take advantage of my friends to get darling pictures of my kids. :)
  • A few photography classes so I know what on earth to do with said camera.
  • A job. Not for me, for Sam. Obviously.
  • A house. With a yard. And a fence. And gorgeous grass. And big, beautiful trees.
  • A minivan.
  • Running shoes that don't kill my left big toe nail and make it fall off.
  • An ice cream maker. My last one broke after just a few uses. :(
  • A piano. (Maybe then I can learn some hymns other than Choose the Right and Sweet Hour of Prayer.)
  • Final Cut Pro so I can make my movies look more professional.
  • An iMac with a 30-inch monitor.
Anything from your wish list you'd like to add?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That boy is a Smith...100%.

Derek

steph said...

Ya know, most of that stuff is on my personal wish list as well! (all except for the minivan and piano... though I will probably want those in a few years haha).
I also want to get CS4... and I am trying to decide if I should get it now while I get the school discount (so it is only $300) or wait til we have more money...

janae said...

Steph - we have had that same debate! We decided to wait and get the professional version, simply because Sam does freelance art, and it is technically illegal to make any money on an art piece you made with the student version. So if you do your art for yourself or your family, the student version is perfect. But if you use it for a business, you should legally have the professional version.

Jennifer J said...

No wishes to add, but that is one handsome boy!

Babydoll said...

How about any piece of furniture that isn't a hand-me-down of a hand-me-down. That is definitely something on my wish list. And I would take any new car (I guess I don't really need a minivan yet.) Those are really cute pictures. I would love to take a photography class too--for the same reason.

Krishele said...

Sadly, I cleared the cookies on my computer and still now pictures...thus I can't really comment on your picture cause (grrr) I can't see it...but I'm sure it's adorable.

You know, good cameras seem to be becoming more popular. Maybe it's the whole digital thing or something. But more and more moms I meet want one of the nice cameras...me included...plus some classes as you stated.

We've got the house...and the yard...& fence...but we have been working on the grass for 3 years now with no real luck. But I think we'll get it this year...I have a plan! And our trees are pretty small, but they're trees nonetheless...man, good trees are expensive! Oh the things you take for granted as a youth.

You know what else is funny? I have an ice cream maker on my wish list, too. Kind of an odd item. Part of me wants to just keep wishing for it though...cause if I make the ice cream, I know I'm gonna eat it.

Jason is determined our next computer is going to be a Mac...

I hate to admit that my list is a tad longer than yours...but hey! It's a WISH list not a have to have right this very moment list, right?

I'm wishing for some more Turbo Jam DVDs, a nice mountain bike, Anastasia the movie, a knife set that actually cuts through things and LASIK.

Yikes. I sound spoiled, huh. But the fact that I DON'T have these things should say something. I am spoiled though. I really can't complain, I've been blessed with lots.

Cara said...

Love the pictures! I can actually see Sam in some of those. Usually he looks so much like Dad to me.

Wishlist you say? How about a fence to go around our great grass (grass compliments of Barry)? How about some furniture for my very empty house? That will do for now. Oh. And sprinklers. That would be awesome.

Melanie said...

Cute pictures! He's adorable. Good luck with the wish list. I can't think of making one right now because I have some other things I have to buy...like a crib...or a car seat...or something (we haven't gotten anything, Yikes)

Erin said...

Thank you for the wish list post! That's a good list. Your boy is a cutie. I also wish I had a nicer camera (and knew how to use one as well). The nice ones are always so huge though and so expensive I would be scared to take it places (or drop it!) That's what I tell mayself to make me feel better about my blurry photos. We did get an expensive HD video camera when Charlotte was born.

We actually got an ice cream maker for our wedding and have only used it once. I should give it to you but you live across the country and I doubt you want to have anything else to pack and move! It's a cheap hot pink one though!

We have the house with a yard but our grass is bermuda. That stuff is vitually impossible to get rid of so I'll settle for green filled-in grass. After living in apartments so long I LOVE HAVING A YARD!! It's necessary for my health living in a city. Only 1 tree so far unless you count the small orange tree and palm tree in the back yard that we don't like!

Sorry for the disjointed comments!

Jolie said...

Those are some adorable pictures of the baby!! I can't decide which one I like best!

Leah said...

What a handsome little guy! He is just so cute, and growing up fast too. Hope you get everything on your wish list someday!

Sam Ricks said...

Man that kid has cool eyes! (He obviously got them from you.)

Yeah, it'll be nice to have a camera and CS4--and all the rest of that stuff-- some day. Hope it happens soon (before our Mac dies of old age)!

Brooklet said...

I have a copy of the pattern i can send to you, just email me your mailing address. brojonel@hotmail.com.

and your are not a stalker, since I also read you blog, which just makes us blog friends!

And it is amazing how similar our wish list is. (except an iMac, I don't know what it is, so I don't think I deserve one.)

Rebecca said...

So cute! My wish list is pretty similar, except that I already have the ice-cream maker. I won it at an auction a few months ago. Nothin' better than an ice-cream maker but a free one!!

Good luck with your job hunting and wish list.

Megan said...

Super cute pictures!

Sarah said...

CUTE BABY! Those pictures are great. And the camera is top on my list too! I took Tommy's 10 month pictures and they turned out pretty good considering our horrid little camera I was forced to use. I got his 2 years professionally done, but who really wants to pay those prices? Eek! Hooray for willing friends with great talent though. I hope you get your camera.