We love movie quotes. In fact, I would venture to say that not a day goes by that at least one of us doesn't quote a movie. When we're really on fire, Sam and I can have full conversations just using movie quotes. Our favorites include:
"Back to your lives, citizens." Toy Story
"Redonculous!" Bolt
"Toooooooo the future!" Meet the Robinsons
"Let's do this thing!"Ratatouille
"Aww, that is disgusting." Toy Story
The kids are even catching on. Seara is starting to use, "I'm hungry mother, I really am" (101 Dalmatians). And I regularly overhear these conversations from Meet the Robinsons:
Elijah: "You think I'm crazy, too!"
Seara:"No, no. I think you're right!"
Elijah: "I have no future! No one wants me!"
Seara: "That's not true, [Lija]!"
But, the hands down best movie quote of all time is this one:
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
we ♥ movie quotes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
I love that line.
And the funniest day at our house consisted of me overhearing Eden: "Buzz, I am your father"
and then in the car out of no where: "You can't rush art."
Funny! We quote a lot too. My favorite is when Barry quotes things like "I'm doing the best that I CAN!" from Anne of Green Gables. Now that is awesome! Another classic that is just funny that we both quote is "Where are they? Where are you hiding the boy and girl??" Do you know that one???
Cara - Oh, yeah!! I know that one. The Care Bear movie. I use that quote too! :)
LOL! at that last one.
and we do the same thing. Our recent favorite is, "there is no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness." Comes in handy all over the place.
and OF COURSE
"Obi-wan has taught you well"
LOL! I love it! Matt and I love quoting movies too. We do it constantly. BTW going back to a post you made awhile ago, we were watching "The Pacifier" the other night and it takes place in Bethesda. So you can add it to your list. =)
Oh my goodness Josh and I quote movies every day. I think the one that gets quoted the most is Princess Bride. We can pretty much recite that entire movie by heart. ;-)
Just the other day Josh saw me sprinkling some powdered sugar into a mix and we wound up quoting the entire scene about iocaine powder.
You know, it's funny, but I think quoting movie lines is a sign of the times. I mean, I'm sure that 100+ years ago people used to incorporate their favorite book quotes into every day conversation. And now our generation incorporates movie lines.
Oh well!
Meet the Robinsons is like my favorite movie. My favorite lines from it are:
"I'm assuming that's a joke. I'm ignoring you for time reasons."
and
"Dude, I can't take you seriously in that hat."
Such a good movie.
Another favorite is "Curse you Aquascum!!!!"
Oh, and "I FORGIVE you!" (You've Got Mail). I think I could go on all day. I'll try to stop now.
Aren't movie quotes the best! Jason quotes star wars all the time (surprised? no.) I must say I do "Runaway Bride" quite a bit. "You're not weird, you're quirky."
and
"I'm going to go focus on your eggs, Bob."
I LOVE it!
How about "We're younger and faster." "Sorry, girls. I'm older and I have more insurance."
can you guess that one?
Krishele - Dude. Fried Green Tomatoes. I've only seen it once - with YOU. And we laughed so hard about that!
Hey, I'm Okay, You're Okay. :)
My family is a HUGE movie quote family too. We love the random scenes in movies - especially the two funny dinner scenes on "While You Were Sleeping,".
"These mashed potatoes are so creamy."
"We all know he's tall!"
"What does that have to do with the price of eggs?"
etc...
We do the same thing with having whole conversations in MQ. I love it!!!
As you can tell from my blog I LOVE movie quotes too. I haven't seen a few of those movies... I'll have to check them out since you're quoting them..
All time most quotable movies in my book:
While You Were Sleeping
"Your hair's looking very big tonight Phillis." "This mashed potatos are so creamy." We use this one any time someone is random.
Princess Bride
"Inconceivable!" "Anybody want a peanut?"
I love that the kids are doing it too!
Oh I meant to add Sense and Sensibility "I must admit that I think very highly of him. That I like him."
We quote from The Grinch all the time.
"Can I use your finger for a sec?"
"But what will I wear?"
I love movies too, so I guess I probably quote them sometimes without even realizing it.
Ah ha ha! So funny!
This makes me want to see more movies. It has been a long time! (I am actually planning on watching them at nights after the kids go to bed and Davis is on campus late - if only I can make myself stay awake!)
Post a Comment