I only do laundry once a week. Every Tuesday. So when I ran out of Tide last week, I figured I had seven days to run out and grab some. A week past. Laundry day came again. I still didn't have the Tide. So this afternoon, while my boys were napping and Sam was studying, Sease and I ran to the grocery store. I bought ...
bread & milk
fruit & veggies
oatmeal & baby food
soups & chips
cheese & yogurt
ice cream & condiments
My cart was overflowing, my bill topped $200, I thought I had it all. Until I came home and realized something.
I forgot the Tide.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
[sigh]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
I can't tell you how many times I've done that. So frustrating!
been there, done that. It stinks.
Isn't it sad what happens to your memory after having kids? I refer to my Palm phone as my brain because without it and all it's lists, I'm completely and utterly lost. Who knows where my real brain went...I guess it was divided in two and went to both my kids.
I do this EVERY time without fail. I grab all kinds of things I wasn't planning on but the thing I've been needing for days I always forget. As soon as I walk in the door Matt always asks where it is. He must think he married the human version of Dory the fish. "Tide, what tide?"
the sad life of a mother.
we did this last week with toilet paper. except it was saturday night. we were in bad shape that weekend.
Oh man! Gotta love it when things like that happen =P
Oooo. Ouch. Eeek.
Been there.
Husband gets it on the way home?
That's why I never wash my clothes. Febreeze does wonders :)
been there - it's a drag!
WOW! I'm impressed you only do laundrey once a week! I have to do it at least every other day, otherwise we'd run out of clothes for the boys- doesn't help that the two oldest share most of their clothes; I could just go out and buy two of everything the same size but that just doesn't sound right to me. I've found myself doing the same thing you did time after time; forgetting the one item I intentionally went to the store for- I HATE IT, especially since I HATE nothing more than going shopping! As of late, I've become a list person; I must have a list before I head out the door; I thought "shopping list" mommies looked ridiculous in the stores before, but now I completely understand and respect them.
Done it. The worst, however is when you make the second trip and forget it again.
You know... My mom used to do this all the time... It must be a mom thing.
The forgetfulness is annoying true, but what I hate more is you go to the grocery store with 12 items on a list and have to spend $200 to get what you need. And that was just a "quick trip to the store" !!
Remember the days when you could live off less than $20 a week? :)
Rachel - Just as I was walking out the door this morning to get my Tide I read your comment and laughed. I went, got my stuff, went through check out, they bagged everything ... and only then did I realize that my wallet wasn't in my purse. AHHHH!!! It took me 1/2 hour to get home, get the wallet, get back and pay, etc. I can't wait until we're not moving and I can buy Costco size detergent so that I NEVER run out!
That totally sounds like something I would do.
Post a Comment