
The good news is that Seara is feeling much better today (so much so that now being in the hospital is mildly irritating because she is bored and wants to take the IV out!) The bad news is that her fever was still going strong late last night and she's being pretty drugged up. We took another blood draw this morning and her CRP levels (the ones that are supposed to be under 3) dropped from the 30s down to 19. So she is still having a lot of inflammation, but luckily she is improving. She is eating a bit better - today she ate 3/4 of a banana, a cup of fruitloops, and a couple animal crackers. That's it for the day, but better than nothing at all. Her urine culture so far looks like a pretty standard UTI (urinary tract infection), and tomorrow we'll know what meds to give her. The doctors won't discharge us until her fever is down for 24 hours, so we'll be here another night. I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be discharged tomorrow morning!
ps. Seara hates everyone in the whole world now. Just an FYI in case you see her. I mean, she was already pretty introverted, but now she goes ballistic any time anyone gets within 7 feet of her. I mean really ballistic. The nurses and doctors actually warn each other at each shift change. That's how bad it is!
pps. You'll notice her IV is set at 20mL/hr. If you know anything about IVs, that is really low. She was at 120mL/hr when we checked in, 65 mL/hr until a little while ago. Now we're monitoring how she does without the IV liquids. Cross your fingers!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Seara Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Poor baby! I hope it doesn't last too much longer. And I hope her pregnant mommy is doing okay. We're praying hard.
oh, i'm so glad she's doing better! she looks so little in that bed. it's gotta be so hard having to make her stay there. i hope you are getting to go home a take a nap sometime! we'll keep praying.
Glad she's improving. Crossing our fingers that she can come home tomorrow!
Janae, I had no idea all of this was going on! And I was feeling bad that we all had the flu or something last week. I'm sure having a kid sick is harder on the parent than it is on the sick kid. I hope you're doing ok. If you need to call and just blow off some steam, feel free...anytime...I really mean that. Or even just to talk about something other than hospital stuff for a while to escape a little bit. Know that you're being thought of.
Ok, so that Jason comment, was really from me. I didn't realize I was signed in under him. Oh embarrassing. I'm glad I caught that or you might have been a tad bit confused about your friend's husband telling you to call him anytime. That would raise a few eyebrows, now wouldn't it? And to think I almost told you to know that I love you and hope you're doing ok. That would have really been a doozey. Jason might have gotten a not-so-friendly call from Samuel. :)
Post a Comment