When we moved into our house I had a ton of requests for pictures of the inside. The problem was, when my house was tidy enough to take pictures, I was usually too exhausted (from the tidying) to take the pictures! So, a year and a half after we moved in, here you go! (I won't mention that the only thing that motivated me to take pictures was the fact that we are selling our house and have to do it for the listing.)
I'm not putting in a picture of the outside because I'm waiting for my trees to get leaves. That will make the before and after pics more dramatic. :)
*I just finished the entire post, but in reading through it, I decided a floor plan would be really helpful. So I pulled a copy of it off line. And then I made some changes to reflect my house. You think I would have gotten my photoshop guru of a husband to actually do the changes so they look nice. Well, I didn't. My kids will make fun of me for how lame this looks, but oh well. I doubt God will hold it against me at the judgment bar. So here is the floor plan of the main floor. Oh, and all picture explanations are ABOVE the pictures.*
On the right of this picture you'll see the front door. You walk in to this "living room" portion of the great room. There is actually a little half bath near the entry, and it has the cutest pedestal sink, but the camera couldn't get the whole thing. Its just not the same as your eye.
When you walk in you see this "family room" portion of the great room.
Keep walking in and you come to the dining room. (Notice the stair rail - we'll go up there in a minute.)![]()
And then walk through the dining room and you see my kitchen.
To the left of the picture (where you can't see) I have a pantry/mudroom/laundry room that leads to the garage. I didn't take pictures of that, sorry.
Okay, so remember the stairs? We're walking up them. I didn't take pictures of them either. Sorry again. But here is the floor plan of the upstairs.
When you get to the top of the stairs you look directly into the guest room.
Just to the left of that is the kids' room. (Elijah sleeps in the crib, which is not visible in the picture. Seara sleeps in whichever bunk she feels like that night.)
Turn left from there and you'll see the kids' bathroom. There actually is a shower/tub in there. Once again, the camera can't really capture it all.
Now down the hall from the bathroom is Sam's studio. It is by far the largest bedroom other than the master. Lets just say that he needs a LOT of space.
Okay, back to the top of the stairs. We looked forward to the guest room and then turned left, remember that? Go back there and turn right. Now turn right again down the short hall way. You'll come to my bedroom..jpg)
I have this gigantic walk-in closet that is 80% empty. My mom, Cara (my older sister), and I, plus all our husbands, might be able to fill it. Lissa (my younger sister), could probably fill it all by herself. This is her type of closet.
Here is my bathroom..jpg)
And here is my beloved garden tub. This thing is huge. The picture can't do it justice. I am sure gonna miss this thing!.jpg)
It's no mansion, but this is my little corner of the universe and I am sure going to miss it when we live in some dinky little apartment!!
Monday, April 14, 2008
A Tour of my House
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Man! It looks like nobody lives there! How did you pull that off with two couples and four little kids? It will be nice to have these pics and explanations to show your kids when they don't remember anymore (or ever with Elijah and baby).
Cara
Oh, if only you could see the ruckus just outside of each shot. The place was a cyclone from moving things OUT of the picture so it wasn't too crowded! (Plus, we really don't have that much furniture ourselves.) That explains that. And truthfully, I'm posting this more for our personal memories. :)
Janae
It looks SOOOOOOOOO empty! I take it Cavin and Angie have moved into their new home now?
Your house looks GREAT, I would totaly buy it if I lived in Ut!!! :) It's Ginormus and so very clean.
Best Wishes for selling! Where are the before pictures?
Ooooh I love our garden tub! Especially when pregnant!!! Good luck selling!
Post a Comment