Saturday, April 26, 2008

We're fasting for WHOM?!

My sister called tonight. I guess we're having a family fast tomorrow. For ME & my little family. Wow. You know life is bad when people have family fasts for you!! I would laugh, except Seara is having a resurgence of her urinary tract infection and we had to take her to the hospital again today. I'll spare you the awful details and just say that we have a new, stronger anti-biotic to give her for the next ten days. Blech. Then, just when I thought things couldn't get worse, Elijah slipped in the tub tonight and chipped his two front teeth. I took a picture mostly for my dentist father-in-law and brother-in-law. I was hoping to get a happy picture of Lije, but he wasn't feeling too hot (as you can tell). The good news is that I think he knocked out less of his teeth than I initially feared. The bad news is, he lost more than the picture shows. And that his smile is really goofy now. I hope God is trying to squish the next year's worth of trials into one month, and that from here on out we'll have smooth sailing!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

He is so cute anyway --seriously, both your children are adorable! I would be comforted in knowing he'll get new teeth about age 6 or 7 and if he is like his mommy and daddy (which he will be) he will have a beautiful perfect smile and a million other things going for him.

Cara said...

Thanks for the picture of the teeth. They will be easier to fix than I initially thought. We'll still likely want to do white caps/crowns like we discussed. Also after seeing the picture I feel better about him having to wait a little while before receiving treatment. I wish he didn't have to wait, but I can assure you that I see teeth in worse shape almost everyday. Poor kid! We'll get him patched up! :)

Barry

Jolie said...

I understand. Joanna has a chipped smile, too. Two separate falls have chipped her two front teeth top teeth and a couple on the bottom. Her dentist told us that they can actually fix them when they're a little older and able to sit still in a dentist's chair, say, around age 3-4.
But it's cosmetic, so I don't know about insurance covering it.

I don't know, I think we'll just let them be. They get a new set anyway. He's so cute even with chipped teeth!

wheaties said...

I feel his pain, about a month ago I decided that I wanted to see which was stronger, my tooth or a fork... and well I lost :). Hopefully it is less expensive to fix his tooth than it was mine!

Seara will be in our prayers, hopefully she can kick this thing!