I didn't think it was possible, but life just got a ton crazier. I mean, A TON. So Samuel's program is a two-year program, right? Its 36 credits, and the university considers 9 credits to be full time, so its 9 credits for four semesters - Fall, Spring (which is Jan - May), then Fall, Spring. (Remember, Sam's an artist. Art classes require HUGE work loads out of class, so 9 credits is about right.) Well yesterday it dawned on us that if he took 12 credits a semester, we could be done in three semesters ... and if he studied in the summer we could be done in a year. Which means a year less of school loans, a year less of apartment living, etc. The problem is, the capstone class has to be take during the last semester, and it is only offered in the Spring, so to get done in one year rather than two Samuel would have to start school on May 27th. I have spent many hours on the phone and emailing the admissions office, the program director, and his academic counselor, convincing them this is a good idea (apparently no student has ever done it in a year before) and getting everything set up.As soon as that was done I called the realtor we're working with and put the house up for sale. The sign looks like a political one, huh?! A bit ghetto, but the greatest guy. Anyway, the house went up on the market on Thursday night, we had people come walk through it on Saturday, and today we got an offer. Yikes! We countered and we'll have to see where this goes. I hope things work out!! Here are my two plans:
PLAN A: If the house sells quickly, we pack up everything, get an apartment back east, and all drive out to Baltimore together around May 20th (four weeks from today). I figure out how on earth I'm going to do insurance, and who will tend my sqeakers, and then give birth at the end of June/beginning of July with little family help and a husband who is up to his eyeballs in homework.
PLAN B: If the house doesn't sell quickly, Samuel drives out to Baltimore alone, I live here, carless, until the house sells. Once it sells, Samuel gets us an apartment and I ABF all our stuff out to Samuel (you know, we pack the van, they drive, we unload). Then, because I will be too close to my due date to fly, I stay with my parents until the baby is born, and fly out with the three kids once the babe is safe to fly.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Believe it or not, life just got CRAZIER
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
you guys are crazy. that's it.
I can't get over this!!! However, that is GREAT news about the offer! Good luck and keep us updated!
wow janae! i hope the offer works out--that'd be amazing, a blessing, a total miracle actually. good luck!
So, if you're car-less, do you have a neighbor that can serve as your taxi to the hospital? Also, flying with 3 kids? That's a bit crazy... Because they can't all 3 be lap children! I know people that have done it though.
I hope, sale or not, you can move to Baltimore with your husband. That would be so hard to be apart. for the birth of the baby. But I don't know the insurance situation.
Oh my! I'm sure everything will work out, but I'm also sure it's VERY stressful. Good luck!
wow.
wow.
wow.
you're superwoman, though so I know however it works out, you will do GREAT and will always have such a great story to tell after it's over!! Goodluck with ALL of it!
Holy Cow! And I thought my life was crazy. I feel like I'm on a calm lake compared to you! Te he he. Good luck with everything!
Wow Janae!!! That's terrific you guys ALREADY got an offer on your house- it's actually pretty amazing considering what the housing market is like right now. Please don't go into pre-term labor due to all the stress in your life- I'd hate to see that happen. I hope you have lots of good support here from family & friends to help you guys pack things up. Let us all know when the big move will be- I'd love to see you before then.
Janae, Janae, out of all your schemes, this one has got to take the cake. Most women would crumble under the thought of either plan. But I'm really not too worried about you...you are so strong willed and stubborn, you'll take it in stride. And if you do break down and cry a bit, that just means you're human and no one will think any less of you. Just so you know. I think you're amazing. I would totally be one of the those who would just sob over the whole craziness of it all, but you've always been more stable than I have. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Man and I thought my life was crazy stressful right now. I hope everything works out alright. I'm sure your house will sell quickly so I bet you'll all be going to Baltimore soon.
Good luck!
Jan, Jan, Jan! Where do I start?? Since everyone else has already mentioned how crazy this is, I will refrain and simply say---that of all people to deal with this, I have complete faith in you. You are wonderfully strong-willed and determined. And don't think I don't know this from personal experience!! :) But above all, I'm just way excited for you guys. THis is going to be great. And yes, we WILL have to get together (once you've caught your breathe and such)
ps--that picture of Seara in the car seat is so cute! That's the first shot where I've really thought--man, she looks a lot like Janae!
We just read this post and Brian commented, ¨Well, they never take anything slow!" If anybody can pull this off, it is you! Hopefully we can fit in one more cousins dinner before you leave.
Post a Comment