In case you've forgotten, I have two children. I just realized that in my last 15 posts, I have mentioned Elijah one time. And I wasn't even talking about him, I was talking about the size of my baby belly. Ooops. I've been a little busy, can you tell? Well, I have a couple updates on us and our current situation, but first I want to update the grandparents on their grand babies. If you don't care about them, skip the next post. Then I'll talk about me again. :)
Today Samuel re-adjusted all our sprinklers for spring, which of course turned into a big water game for the kids. I stayed dry under the pretense of being the camera gal.

So, baby belly first. The baby is fine. It wiggles a lot, but I haven't quite defined how. Seara was really, really calm. Except when she wasn't. Then she kicked and punched so hard I thought she might break something (my rib, her leg, etc). Elijah was just generally wiggly. He did somersaults all day long. He was rarely still and never did anything hard - just the opposite of Sease. This one, so far, seems like a mix between Seara's calmness and Elijah's wiggliness. Not too bad. Lets hope it comes out as a really nice baby. I don't know if I could handle a hard one right now!
Elijah is almost 18 months and starting to talk a lot now. My favorite thing he says is "Come on!" You think that means that he is far ahead and I'm lagging behind. It doesn't. It means I am far ahead and he is lagging behind, and he wants me to come get him. Smart kid. He says all sorts of things like "outside" "car" "socks" "shoes", etc. He can even say hard things like "high chair" and other hard words that I can't think of right now. And yet he calls Braden (the little boy his age who lives with us) "Wayo". And now Braden answers to it, as if it were his name. Strange, the nick names kids come up with for each other! Oh, Lije also says all the colors. Except he doesn't know what he's talking about. He just says the names. (Although the other day my neighbor asked him what color something was, and he said the right word, so she did another one, and he did the right word again. She thought he was so smart. I thought, "Dang! This kid is a lucky guesser! This may help him a lot in school!!") He is still super social and is completely content to be with just about anyone.
Seara is just over 2 1/2. She is pretty much a normal two year old. She's really sweet most of the time - I think her terrible twos were from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2, because she's well over that now. She loves to nod her head to answer questions now. She picked it up when she was really sick and had no energy to talk, but now I think she just likes having a method of communication that requires no words. Part of her introverted personality. She is learning her colors (hence Lije says the words) and really loves pink. Why is that? She knows most the colors now, although green and blue sometimes confuse her. She loves to sing - especially "If you're happy and you know it ..." where she can fill in whatever she thinks it would be funny for me to do. She is very, very ... well, introverted. I would say anti-social, but my mom hates when I call her that. But it's true - she just doesn't like people. She likes to be alone. All the time. When things get a little too crazy around here (with two moms, two 1 1/2 year-olds, and a new born, that tends to happen), she will go into a closet or the bathroom and shut the door, just to be alone. Funny little thing!
Friday, April 25, 2008
Oh yeah, I have kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Those pictures of the kids are ADORABLE!!
What a great update on the little ones!
Post a Comment