Sunday, April 13, 2008

I thought you got BIGGER each pregnancy

I've had quite a few requests for belly pictures this time around. Poor baby, its not even born and I'm already taking significantly less pictures! Serves me right for complaining to my mom about not having many pictures of me as a baby! (I'm fourth of eight.)


I seem really small, right? I thought so too. So I pulled out my not quite 7 months pictures of my Seara and Elijah belly. Here is Elijah:


And here is Seara:


Weird. So Seara was my fattest pregnancy? I thought the first was supposed to be your smallest, not your biggest! I can't really figure why I'm so small still. I eat just fine ... whole milk, nothing with those yucky "low fat" or "fat free" labels, etc. Since my half marathon (August 11th) I have gone running one time (one mile only) and done yoga one time (one hour). But maybe I'm still living off fumes. This can't last long. I think I may just have to start exercising again. Blast. I wish I was one of those people who actually like exercising. Then again, do people like that really exist?

ps. Apparently it was really sunny when I took all three of these pictures, too. :)

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is so weird! I thought you got bigger each time too. You look sooo cute by the way. :o) One of my mom's friends lost weight every pregnancy she had. Her metabolism was just so hight that with a baby in her and then nursing she literally couldnt' eat enough to maintain weight...I wish I were like that!

Cara said...

How weird! You are so tiny! Thanks for the pictures! They are fun to see! :)

Davis Smith said...

We've missed a lot of your posts since we've been gone. I'm glad to hear Seara is home now - sorry you all had to go through that.

Congrats to Samuel on getting accepted! I am SO EXCITED for you guys to move out east. There is so much to do and see there. If you don't go anywhere else but Baltimore and D.C., it will still be worth it! I'm also excited that you get to call the D.C. temple yours for awhile!

Jolie said...

Hmmm....interesting...isn't life strange sometimes? Oh well, you look awesome! Based on all the old wives tales out there and how you're carrying the baby, I'd say that you guys are having a boy. We'll see if I'm right!

Krishele said...

Holy Cow girl!!! That is like a major difference! I seriously had to take a double take and scroll back up and down a couple of times. Well, go you! You never did follow the path most taken. You really do look amazing...it's like you're really only about 3 months along. But I'm sure it feels like you should be at least 10...or maybe that only starts to hit when you can't breathe when you bend over or you can't tie your own shoes anymore. I didn't take many side profile shots of my pregnancies and I wish I had. It is really cute how your facial expression in every picture looks like you photo-shopped one face on all three pictures. It made me laugh. You're the best!

Lyndi said...

Seriously? Janae...seriously??? Okay, I have a bigger tummy than you and I'm not even pregnant! It's times like these that I wonder...what is wrong with this world?! I'm going to whine. NOT fair!

Okay, well, besides my ridiculous thing, you look great. Maybe I'll just save your pictures and put my face on them. :)

Kristine said...

Wow that is so weird! I saw the first picture first, obviously, and didn't think you looked that small - then the shock comes when you see the other two pictures! You look great in all of them, but you can totally see a difference! Crazy!

Margaret and Murray Pratt said...

I keep scrolling up and down and I just don't understand how three pregnancies in the same stage can look so different, on the same person!!! You look super sute, as always! I love your posts! Oh, and the house looks great!