Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Family Foto Flops

Every year we take family pictures. And ever year I re-learn the same lessons.

1) Looking at the camera is optional



2) Breaks are crucial



3) Expecting children to cooperate is futile



4) If children do look at the camera, one or both parents do not



5) Did I mention that breaks are crucial?


ps. All these shots are taken at my childhood home. The one that has now become my children's childhood home as well. I'm a sentimental sap, what can I say?

pps. We actually did get some good shots. I'll post them sometime. Maybe next week, maybe around Christmas. I make no guarantees. :)

17 comments:

Cara said...

Cute! I'm excited to see the ones that turned out! So who took the pics?

Tera said...

Your hair and lipstick are fantastic! It is cute to see how much fun you have with your kids even when your trying to be serious or get something done.

janae said...

Cara - Haylie Burgon did. We're switching a photo shoot for a basic website (she is starting a photography business).

Tera - Thank you! I was worried the lipstick was too dark, so your compliment makes me feel much better!

Krishele said...

Very cute pictures...even when you aren't all perfectly posed. I'm actually a big proponent of pictures when a lot of the subjects aren't looking at the camera. They are more real that way and turn out a lot cuter most of the time. It's all about catching people in their own element.

I'm excited to see the rest!

Erin said...

Man these are so fun! You look gorgeous. I love pictures outside in green grass. The bright colored shirts look great! Makes me want to go get family pictures!

denise @ little ant design said...

I happen to be a fan of the first photo - I wouldn't call it a flop.

You look beautiful by the way.

Kelli said...

Man, I find it impossible enough to get a single good picture with just one child, I can't imagine how much worse it is with three!

Ruth said...

looking lovely. the colors look great.

Natalie said...

your family is beyond cute.

you better post the other pictures soon!

katieo said...

The absolute most impressive part of this post was this, "Every year we take family pictures." WAY TO GO. I wish we had that track record, lol...

Amanda said...

You too? I thought it was just my family!! :) Looks great!

Janell said...

So True!!! And yet we keep trying again and again and always end up with something fun to look at. Fun pictures so far :)

Anonymous said...

Those shots are pretty good for being the mess ups! Hey, since we have Disneyland passes now you guys should come with us! Wouldn't that be SO fun!?

janae said...

S&D - YES! That would be crazily fun. All we have to do is figure out how to get rid of the kids. ;)

Anonymous said...

Just leave them in the closet! Seriously... if you can figure it out we would love it! Let us know! :)

Michelle said...

All so very funny! So cute and clever--thanks for keeping the photo sessions "real" for me!

Jenna Baker said...

I love these. They are great and classic. I think that they represent your family well :) Plus, your kids are just the cutest things ever.