Monday, August 24, 2009

Super Powers

illustration from here

My brother Ryan just announced to me that if he could have one super power he would want the power to squish things. Apparently this 'squishing power' is used in connection with perspective. "So if a bad guy is running towards you, and he's only an inch tall in your perspective [because he's far away], you could just reach up your hand and squish him between your thumb and index finger. Bye, bye bad guy!"

I didn't have to think long to come up with my desired super power. I chose it when I was about 12 years old. Remember that old Lois & Clark TV show? Did you see how fast Superman cleaned up his apartment when Lois Lane knocked on the door?! It was amazing!! He turned the whole place upside down in just a couple seconds. Yeah, I want that power.

Dishes: .05 seconds
Vacuuming: .18 seconds
Sweeping & Mopping: .07 seconds
Folding Laundry: .32 seconds

Wouldn't that be the dream!

10 comments:

Cara said...

I always wanted to get places faster...I was constantly thinking I'd like to be *there* (the farthest spot I could see going towards my destination). I have to admit, I still play that game sometimes. Especially when I'm late.

Krishele said...

Wouldn't that be nice?!

I've always wanted someone to actually really figure out how to teleport people...no more of this driving all day to and from destinations. But running there in 2.5 seconds without even breaking a sweat would be pretty fantastic, too.

Aubrey said...

Yes, I want those powers too, except for folding laundry. If I didn't have to sit and fold laundry, I wouldn't get to sit and watch TV for half an hour or so. Folding laundry can actually be the most relaxing time of the day.

janae said...

Aubrey - You are SOOOOO welcome to come fold my laundry any time you choose! I'm not a huge fan. There are waaaaay too many weeks that my laundry spends a week in baskets, only to be folded the NEXT laundry day. Oops! :)

Sam Ricks said...

I would have the superpower of never being tired. I could still sleep if I felt like it, but I wouldn't have to. Not a very useful power for fighting crime, but still cool.

Sam Ricks said...

And thanks for the free publicity. ;)

Rachel Sue said...

That would be so wonderful. Just think of all the other wonderful things you would have time to do.

Tera said...

Oh I could only imagine the hobbies I would pursue and the places I would take my kids if I only had 5.6 seconds of chores.

Jessica said...

Janae that is too funny, of course that is what you would want for your superpower--often when I am cleaning I think of you and wonder how you are able to keep things so clean all the time! When I was a kid I LOVED Lois and Clark.

janae said...

Jessica - you're cute. I'm glad someone else remembers that show! I was super enthralled with it as well. :)