I've always loved to travel. And it's been a bit hard the last few years as I've watched my brothers and sisters have skipped off to England, France, Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Andorra, Bolivia, Peru, Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina, Chile, Cayman Islands, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, China, ... (have I missed anywhere, guys? And by the way, I hate you all. Just for the record. ;)
Anyway, I think I might have solved my problem. The answer? Road tripping. The new problem? I'm addicted. After all our Eastern Excursions, I can't seem to go anywhere without adding a little side-trip in there. Sam's brother's wedding reception down in Arizona? Perfect! Here's the map:
What you see:
Sandy, Utah
Canyonlands National Park (more later, be excited.)
Arches National Park (more later here, too)
Monticello Temple (It is really beautiful, but TINY. The stake center next to it looked about the same size.)
Four Corners National Monument (Woa middle of nowhere. Check out the background. Yeah.)
Winslow, Arizona (Yeah. That's a Jaguar.)
Missing: Zions National Park (We were supposed to go, but I got the flu. Road trips with the flu are fun. Ha.Ha.Ha.)
St George, Utah
Monday, August 10, 2009
I'm Addicted
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


16 comments:
1. Love the road trip updates! You guys are amazing for doing all of these fun trips with 3 little ones...seriously.
2. Sorry you got sick!!! Hope you are feeling better!
3. I laughed when I read your description of the Monticello Temple as being so small---it has been so long since I've been to a "big" temple that the small ones seem normal to me now!!! (Nashville was our last temple district & St. Paul is our new one--both small temples) lol
4. Your kids are getting cuter by the DAY.
Okay. When it comes to traveling, we all know I am the worst of everyone. I haven't been anywhere (except Chile to visit mom and dad once.) And let's be honest. At least 75%, probably more, of those places were visited by Davis. He makes us all look better than we are (well, only when we are grouped with him...when he's compared to each of us, he makes us look worse than we really are.) :) I'm excited to hear more about your trip! :)
Looks like fun (minus the flu--poor you!). Arches and Canyonlands and two of my favorite places to hike!
Janae, you are so intense! What a fun trip. When you're kids are older and realize how cool it is that they've been to so many awesome sites, they can brag to all of their friends (and then you'll be the cool one).
And by the way, I've totally accepted that I'll never be half the mom you are.
Natty - You're too funny. You'd be wildly disappointed if you ever spent a whole day with the kids and I. I'm not nearly as cool as you pretend I am. But it sure is flattering! ;)
Monticello Temple is really tiny. I went to a sealing there and was surprised by just how small it is. It works though. And is beautiful inside and out. (And the stake center just might be bigger.) :)
Man, when you look at all the stuff we do in one trip, we really are insane!
Cara - Sure Davis has a leg up on the most exotic places, but Dad, Mom, Ty, Ry, and Li all have gone to Peru, Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina, Chile, Cayman, and Mexico. And of course Lissa did England and France like last week. In fact, of the seventeen countries I listed, Davis only has singular bragging rights on four of them. That's what you get for getting engaged at 19. You should have waited and at least served a mission! ;)
oooo if you went to 4 corners you should have also swung by Monument Valley!! It is also in the "middle of nowhere" and literally just around the corner from where you were.
I think you and Sam look pretty smooth in a convertible :) Now if we can just convince you to let Sam get one for a commuter ;)
Going on a mission is no travel guarentee, despite those posters in the MTC. Temple Square, how exotic!
And you need to title this "Western Excursion".
And did you get the Nemo? : )
Jason is quite the road tripper. I think growing up with road trip days ending at KOA in the middle of the night and 4 girls in a little sports coupe with 2 dogs and all our stuff might have something to do with it.
I'm sorry you got the flu! That stinks.
You know, I've never been to four corners...lame, I know.
Janae -
I was so mad that I didn't get to meet you, sam, & the kids, & stephanie at Pauls reception. I was so excited, but that's when everything happened with the baby :( You'll have to let us know when you are back in town so we can get the kids together :)
LuAnne
Love the pictures. The kids are, as usual, adorable.
but whoa. I'm tired just thinking of all that travel!!
Oh. My. Gosh. I just realized I used the wrong you're/your. I am beyond embarrassed. I always cringe when other people do that! How did I do that? Anyway, I'm saying all this because I'll feel better about it if I acknowledge it...at least it shows I realize I messed up, right?
What a fun trip! It is my ultimate goal to drive into New Mexico and scream out of the window "Pluto IS a planet YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" Because that is the only place left on this planet where Pluto still is a planet. haha! Isn't that awesome? Anyway, glad you're still having fun in the West!
Post a Comment