Tuesday, August 30, 2011

big HUGE day

Photobucket

You guys, I am home. Alone. HOME. ALONE.

ALONE!

I think this is probably the first time in six years that I've been home alone. (Minus the couple times Sam took the kids on a brief walk while I finished dinner.) See, every activity the kids have ever been in, I've sat and watched. I did preschool myself at the house. And even if one of them was gone at school or a friend's, I've always had the others. But today is the first day of our very first co-op preschool, and from now on both my boys will be gone for 2 1/2 hours every Tuesday. Two and half hours!

I don't even know what to do with myself.

19 comments:

Kori said...

I haven't made it there yet so let me know how it goes and what you decided to do with yourself.

ALYN said...

Pamper yourself. Don't do housework. Do something that you love! (Granted you strike me as someone who probably loves housework... whatever makes you smile!) So fun. Maybe even outside of the house! I tend to run errands...

Enjoy!

Sam Ricks said...

Apparently I need to take the kids out and do stuff more often! Then you'd be more used to being alone. :)

Babydoll said...

You are so funny! Although when I was visiting my mom, and she was doing the cooking and cleaning, and both of my kids were off playing with my nieces, I thought the same thing. I literally stared at the wall for 10 minutes before I picked up a book. Crazy how much your life revolves around the kiddos!

Karen said...

Congratulations!!

janae said...

Kori - I didn't do much! I kept thinking I should be productive...so I read some blogs, watched a movie, and ate eight mini candy bars. Heehee. :)

Alyn - Okay, I'll admit, I really do enjoy lots of housework. (Like cleaning toys, organizing bathroom cupboards, doing dishes, etc.) I do hate vacuuming, though! Errands is genius. Heavens, I could get a lot done fast without the kiddos!

Rebecca said...

It's a dream world Janae, a dream world. :)

Kelli said...

Wow. That's amazing. And what's more amazing is that it's not just a one time thing. It's every week. Just amazing. I envy you.

The Pingels said...

Both of them?! No fair! I'm just waiting until next year when I have a 2nd grader, Kindergartner, and a preschooler. Then me and Ginny can hang out!

janae said...

Rebecca, Kelli, and Lindsey - I knew you guys would appreciate this for the amazing thing it is!

Tera said...

OH, man! What are you going to do with yourself?

Cara said...

I love my kiddos- but I tell you what, my alone time is precious to me. :)

Megan said...

Ha! That will be me next week when Elliot starts preschool except I will have TWO mornings a week (until the baby comes). I plan on going grocery shopping one of the mornings. I can only imagine how much faster it will be with no kiddos!

Jolie said...

Isn't having "me time" a special treat?! I'm happy for you that you are gonna have some of it on a regular basis. My bro-in-law has lived with us for nearly 2 yrs. now and every now and then when he's home, he'll hang out with the kids so I can go grocery shopping/run errands by myself. Talk about WONDERFUL!

I'd agree w/ everyone else--do things that make you happy and lift you up, that way you can "recharge your battery" while they're gone. It's mommy sanity time.

Stephen and Debbie said...

Enjoy it while you can!!!

Sarah Rachelle said...

Whatever the heck you want!

I'm preschooling Tommy this year too. But I claim my free time by having excuses like Writer's Group, my YW calling, etc. Sometimes you just have to fight for that time... like a tiger if you have to. haha! Mom's got to be sane to take care of her family, right?!

Qait said...

You only ate 8 mini candy bars? That's all? ;)
I'm going to love it when that day comes...the being alone, I mean.
Well, and the candy bars.

Mindy said...

Me too! And isn't it a little weird? But last week and this week, Russ and I have used it as our date time to go out to breakfast.

Hooray for preschool!

Krishele said...

Next year Andrew starts Kindergarten. It's all day here. I really am kinda scared about being alone all that time every day....