On Saturday morning Samuel and I walked into Seara and Elijah's room and announced that it was Lija's birthday. He quickly quipped back, "I'm the birthday boy!"
1 day

6 months
Things we love about Lija:
Elijah is a social butterfly. He talks to everyone and is constantly smiling. He especially likes to charm the sister missionaries who sit behind us in church.
He loves water, and can often be found "doing dishes" in the kitchen sink and undressing to give himself a bath.
He is a morning person. He falls asleep as soon as we put him to bed (while Seara stays up to read and play for another hour or more) and then wakes up early and tries to get Seara up to play with him. (We don't get them until 8 am, so if they wake up before then, they just play together until we come.)
Lije is super sympathetic. When the baby cries, Lija runs over to put the pacifier in Enoch's mouth. When Seara cries, Elijah runs over to give her a hug.
Every morning for breakfast Lije asks for "juice and goatmeal".
Lija is a touchy-feely sort of guy. He loves hugs and kisses, and will sit on my lap for hours on end.
On his birthday:
Elijah requested we go on a walk. You get whatever you want on your birthday. Even if it is raining. So we braved the cold and rain, and off we went. Luckily there is a beautiful trail surrounding our apartment complex!
We did his birthday bug cupcakes, but I only took video - I completely spaced taking pictures. (Oops!) I showed him how to blow out a flame using a match and had him practice before we sang to him. He got it the first time - which shocked me because on Seara's 3rd birthday she still couldn't (wouldn't?) blow out her candles!
His favorite present was from my parents. This should explain why I did boy & girl bugs for the cupcakes. :)
Finally, on his birthday night we moved Elijah from the crib (yeah, I know - it was about time!) into the bottom bunk, and moved Seara into the top. Lije is SOOOO excited to be in a big bed! We told him that he needed to stay in the bed or we'd move him back into the crib for the night. (My plan was: he gets out of the bed, we put him in the crib, and then try the bed again the next night. I figured it would take a couple days, but he'd figure it out.) Well, I was pleasantly surprised - he has never once got out of the bed! Not that night and not last night. I so love this kid!!
ps. Elijah got a belated birthday present today!! WALL-E is supposed to be released tomorrow, so Amazon mailed it planning for it to be delivered then, but UPS was fast and we got it a day early!!! It was supposed to be for Christmas, but we were so excited that we decided to use Elijah's Grandma Baker birthday money and we gave it to him today. He opened it up, took one look at the cover, yelled "WALL-E!!", and ran to put it in the dvd player. So cute!


14 comments:
Happy Birthday Elijah! Wow, I can't believe he's already 2! Great job on the cupcakes - they look like fun. Noah's Ark is a big success at our place too!
Those cupcakes are so cute! I love them. I also love how perfectly you set up all the Noah's Ark pieces in that picture! :) It reminds me of the time you started to ask about one of my nativity sets on my baker's rack... hahaha! Glad it was fun!
Your kids are so fun! I loved reading a special blog about Elijah, since I didn't really get to see him much before you guys left. Happy Birthday, Lije!
Holy smokes these kids grow fast! Sorry it seems that I fell off the face of the earth. I about did. Amazing how life can creep up on you and several days (or weeks, in my case) can attack you at once.
Way to go on the cupcakes! I am very impressed. Seriously, Kate came over to the computer while I was reading it and kept whining at me that she wanted one.
My girls stayed in the crib until they were 2.2 & 2.5. Love the goatmeal! The newborn picture is SO darling!
Happy Birthday and way cool about Wall-E! That is so cool that you guys are thinking of Cali! We are totally in about Disneyland! :)
He is so darling. I love the noah's ark. You have more animals than we do. Looks like I'm going to have to get the additions to that. :)
Happy Birthday to Elijah! What a sweet boy! The cupcakes look so great!
He is so adorable!!! I really do hope you guys get a job closer to home.
I love the pics, Janae! (I hope we move closer to you guys, too, Dena!)
Awwwwwww! Man, I miss those kids!
What a fun day! Those cupcakes you made are adorable! Did you make them up yourself?
Stacy - naw, I'm not that creative. I copied my cousin, who I think got the idea from a magazine. :)
Happy Birthday, Elijah!
Post a Comment