Monday, November 24, 2008

Shopping

Items on shopping list: 5

Price at checkout stand: $185.51

Eggs obliterated before we got home: 11


Grocery shopping with a three year-old: PRICELESS

12 comments:

Erin said...

I don't know how you do it. I went grocery shopping with Charlotte last week and she screamed the last little while. It was not pleasant. Sorry about the eggs...that must have been messy and frustrating.

Shandi said...

don't you just love those shopping trips! Were you christmas shopping or that many extra things got thrown in? I always have extra items that are put in the basket. Sorry bout the eggs havent had that one happen yet.... thank goodness. Have a good day.

ALYN said...

Those are some expensive eggs!
; )
You are very brave to take 3 kids shopping. I dread taking even 1!

Cara said...

I love it. Very clever way to tell a very frustrating story. :)

Anonymous said...

I am never having kids! :)

Margaret Pratt said...

Poor Janae! I have been wondering latley how I am going to live everyday life with two children and still only one me! How do you do it with three, really? Please let me know...I am reading books and praying but it is pretty much ready or not!

denise @ little ant design said...

Because of the eggs I'm guessing you were grocery shopping. What 5 items totaled $185.51?!?!

janae said...

Denise - LOL, I hadn't even realized that I didn't put "grocery" in there! In my mind it made perfect sense. :) I think the cost racked up as random items got thrown into the cart between grabbing the bread and the milk. How is it that you can go in expecting to grab just a couple things, and come out prepared for a nuclear bomb??

katieo said...

hey- what happened to your $25/week grocery habit?
(some of my blog friends are STILL talking about that, lol)

janae said...

Katie - Oh, those were the days! :) I can't believe you remember that! Let's see, I moved across the country where milk is $4.99 a gallon (ouch). Then I stopped checking the ads and couponing. And with how tired I am with my third, I committed the most expensive grocery sin: I stopped meal planning and cooking. Eating well-balanced for cheap requires a LOT of meal planning and TONS of cooking time. Right now we call Ragu on pasta or Shells & Cheese a home-cooked meal! We are so lame! :)

heidizinha said...

thats pretty dang funny janae.

Sarah said...

Oh man! I feel your pain. It's so hard sticking to a shopping list, because it's always easy to forget to put something on there!