You know the B&O Railroad from Monopoly? Well did you know that the "B" actually stands for Baltimore?? Yeah, I know. I just got that much more cool in your eyes. Yes, I am living the dream.
The Main Depot (built 1830-31) and a yellow replica of the first horse-drawn passenger rail car, the Pioneer.
Notice also my new haircut (I like it this time) and Seara's ornery face.
She acted so much worse than she looks. I was ready to leave her at the station.
1927 "I-5" Caboose
The reason we went today is because the museum had a special Holiday Festival of Trains. They had a Santa dressed in 1862 get-up that was super darling, and Elijah was soooo cute. Where is the picture, you ask? Well, about ten minutes before we got to him my camera battery died. Upset doesn't even begin to describe how I felt. There were tons of model trains, including a whole room of large Thomas the Tank Engine models. It was really cute and the kids loved it! Picture of that? Oh yeah. Dead camera. Really, I don't want to talk about it.

11 comments:
I love reading about all your excursions! This place sounded like a perfect place to go!
That looks like fun. Harrison would have loved it!
First off, I like the new look of the blog. So festive!
Sorry your camera died. I hate when that happens. I had to laugh at your guys' pictures. You really have your hands full (of kids). Ha ha! Oh, and your hair cut is really cute. :)
Hey, I wanna come on one of your next excursions!! Seriously, I do. What's your schedule like these days? If i had a car, of course I would have been up there in Balitmore the weekend you moved in. When do you guys leave?? Will you be coming down to the Temple anytime before then?
Sorry about the camera battery. Until it happens to you, and at the absolute worst moment, it's hard to understand the magnitude of the loss (I definitely understand). I guess we'll just have to visualize how cute Elijah was. ps: has anyone told you lately how cute your kids are?? Like Baby Gap models--even in their most squeemish moments :)
What a fun place to go. I wonder if my dad has been there. He LOVES Monopoly (has a collector's game from a long time ago with wooden hotels, etc.) and I have tons of memories playing with him. I'm excited to ask him about it now. Your haircut is very cute!
Your haircut is way cute! I'm not quite sure what to do with mine at this point. Do I grow it back out? Cut it short again, but in a different style? Your hair is an inspiration for me! lol That sounds funny.
by the way... does the "O" stand for Ohio?
Sarah Johnson: we are here at least until May. After that it depends on where we get a job. My schedule is pretty free! We come down to DC as tourists at least every month - often to the zoo because it is free, so we could always meet there. Email me your phone and we'll figure something out!
Sarah Lee: Thanks for the compliment! Right now I'm "growing my hair out" - just to bob length. I'm gonna try a few things like that and see if I like them, and then decide if I should go back short. I'm curious what your plan is, so let me know when you figure it out!
We probably should have left her there. But dang, Elijah and Enoch sure were good!
ps. your haircut is hot. So glad I didn't end up doing it!
Yeah, me too Sam. SOOOOO glad! :)
ooohhh, I like the new haircut. You look hot.
Do those monkey "backpacks" actually work for you? I have one just like them and neither of my kids would allow it. They acted like little puppies on a leash for the first time...refusing to move at all and then screaming at the top of their lungs. Yeah, that was fun.
As for the camera...it's Murphy's law. Just expect it. :)
Post a Comment