Poor guy. Are those your finger prints marked onto his back where you put the sunscreen??? If so that's sort of funny. I hate to laugh at his expense but really that's funny. Hopefully that burn turns into a nice tan. Oh and really, what is Seara thinking??? Ok maybe she just likes chains, but she can wait to wear those when she's a teenager, besides black goes better with chain accessories than pink. Ok really, all jokes aside... It's a good thing you caught her like that and not after anything bad happened. I've had a terrifying experience like that before with Ian. One Sunday afternoon we came home from church and I put all the boys down to nap. I was in the room next to the boys bedroom when I heard something that caused me to get up and look in their room. I found Ian (who was then just barely 2) sitting on the edge of his top bunk bed, leaning over near the blinds with the cord from the blinds wrapped tightly around his neck! He had done it all himself! I panicked of course. I mean one little slip and that could have been his fate. The thing is, we even had the bunk bed moved a couple of feet away from the window; I have no idea how he reached the cord to the blinds from his top bunk!!! Like you said in your post, "it's not a good idea to lackadaisical" (and I'll add here) "when you're a parent to toddlers. Mischief and trouble follows them everywhere!".
Steph - Oh, those are definitely finger prints! Hilarious, huh?! No worries, the burn has already turned brown. (Although the white finger prints are still white. :) Lucky boy has great skin. Scary about Ian! Blind cords terrify me. In Maryland the kids' room had three huge windows, so the bunkbed inevitably had to be next to at least one one set of blinds. I eventually took the strings and tied them up into the biggest knot ever so there was no chance the kids could hang themselves.
Ruth - I probably shouldn't admit this publicly, but until this summer I had hardly ever used sunscreen on Seara or Elijah. They just got so tan! But Enoch is fair, and he got me to be responsible. :)
10 comments:
Poor guy. Are those your finger prints marked onto his back where you put the sunscreen??? If so that's sort of funny. I hate to laugh at his expense but really that's funny. Hopefully that burn turns into a nice tan. Oh and really, what is Seara thinking??? Ok maybe she just likes chains, but she can wait to wear those when she's a teenager, besides black goes better with chain accessories than pink. Ok really, all jokes aside... It's a good thing you caught her like that and not after anything bad happened. I've had a terrifying experience like that before with Ian. One Sunday afternoon we came home from church and I put all the boys down to nap. I was in the room next to the boys bedroom when I heard something that caused me to get up and look in their room. I found Ian (who was then just barely 2) sitting on the edge of his top bunk bed, leaning over near the blinds with the cord from the blinds wrapped tightly around his neck! He had done it all himself! I panicked of course. I mean one little slip and that could have been his fate. The thing is, we even had the bunk bed moved a couple of feet away from the window; I have no idea how he reached the cord to the blinds from his top bunk!!! Like you said in your post, "it's not a good idea to lackadaisical" (and I'll add here) "when you're a parent to toddlers. Mischief and trouble follows them everywhere!".
Steph - Oh, those are definitely finger prints! Hilarious, huh?! No worries, the burn has already turned brown. (Although the white finger prints are still white. :) Lucky boy has great skin. Scary about Ian! Blind cords terrify me. In Maryland the kids' room had three huge windows, so the bunkbed inevitably had to be next to at least one one set of blinds. I eventually took the strings and tied them up into the biggest knot ever so there was no chance the kids could hang themselves.
Ouch to both!
sunburns are terrible - poor kid. We are really into the swim shirts because I always miss spots too. It's nice that he doesn't burn often.
Ruth - I probably shouldn't admit this publicly, but until this summer I had hardly ever used sunscreen on Seara or Elijah. They just got so tan! But Enoch is fair, and he got me to be responsible. :)
Haha! Great pics!
Yeah...I've got loads of stories where I did really weird things as a kid and now I REALLY wonder what I was thinking...
Qait - Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
You know, I've done that on myself a couple of times with the sunscreen. Sad day.
Hilarious!
Post a Comment