Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm a copycat.

The other day I walked into my friend Melissa's house and saw the neatest picture on her fridge. I just had to copy her. So I did. Now you can too. :)


six bags, each with 1/4 c rice
add 1/4 t rubbing alcohol and a few drops of food coloring
have your kids shake to mix, then set in bowls to dry for 15-30 minutes



Really, wait til the rice is dry. Otherwise they do this color-spread thing on the paper.


Give your kids paper and white glue, and go at it!

12 comments:

The Pingels said...

That is so cool. I'll give my mom that idea to do with my kids next week when we're out of town.

denise @ little ant design said...

That is so cute - I want to make one myself.

Kelli said...

hmmm...clever...

ALYN said...

Which one is Elijah's? They all look so advanced!

Looks fun!

austinamasandra said...

Thank you for posting this, I'm doing it today with my kids! Thanks for helping those of us that aren't so crafty nor creative!

Melanie said...

Those pictures are awesome! So awesome in fact that I had a dream about them last night. I'm going to have to remember this one.

Thanks!

That Girl said...

Holy. Awesome.

We are SO doing this for art week ....

janae said...

Alyn - Elijah's is on the right. Doesn't it look like he purposely made a cursive E?! He did do that shape, but not with any intent. :)

Sandra - You're welcome! ;)

Melanie - PRAY, TELL!!!

Mindy said...

I really like this! I am curious to see what my kids will do, I think they might just dump all the colors together in one big blob. We don't have those good artsy genes like they do.

janae said...

Mindy - I must admit that I gave the kids the glue, but kept the rice, and only let them have one color at a time. Otherwise they definitely would have dumped it all together!

Qait said...

Very creative!

Krishele said...

neato, freeto. Very cute. We'll have to try that some time.