I didn't mean to ruin her moment in the limelight. I really didn't. But how was I supposed to know that the Primary would be singing her song during their Father's Day program?! See, this year's Primary hymn is How Firm a Foundation. And we've been singing it as a bedtime lullaby for months. The kids know all the words and just beam every time we sing it at church. Well, we left Maryland before the Primary program, and when they had one this last Sunday at our ward here in Utah, I didn't send Seara up because I figured she wouldn't know the songs (since we've only been here a few weeks). WRONG. She loves having an audience to perform for, and I accidentally stole her moment of glory.
Well, to make that up to her (because obviously she is devastated, and it would completely relieve her to see that I did a blog post about her, since the blog means so much to her .... you are sensing the making-fun-of-myself sarcasm, right?), here she is in early April singing her favorite song. Thanks to my over-active guilt/child-fairness complex, I also videotaped Elijah (just now). You know, to be fair. Not to steal Seara's thunder. Blast. This whole being fair thing is hard.
Oh, did you want to follow along? Here are the lyrics:
How Firm a Foundation
How firm a foundationps. I have no clue why both of them decided to be silly at the end of the song (Seara whispering, Elijah singing in baby-talk). Kids!
Ye Saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith
In his excellent word.
What more can he say
Than to you he hath said?
Who unto the Savior,
Who unto the Savior,
Who unto the Savior,
For refuge have fled.

13 comments:
Very nice. Didn't you get the memo that the church is the same everywhere?! (snicker, snicker)
I can't believe they know the words so well. My Primary kids know the words well as a whole, but if I were to just have the Sunbeams sing, it probably wouldn't go so well. They try though. But your kids know every word. And it is a great song to know every word to.
How cute is that. Being a former Primary Chorister I have so much appreciation for those parents who work with their children singing the hymns. I love how Seara kind of gets winded at the end, I do to, and how Elijah has the perfect rhythm to the song. What a neat video to show them when they are older!
How cute is that? Very cute is the answer. How great that they know it so well. You just keep proving that you really are super mom. Poor Seara missed her moment of glory.
I know what you mean about being fair... it's almost impossible sometimes as a parent. Now I know why my parents would say life isn't fair. I hated that. I would always say- well it should be. I hadn't learned that fair doesn't always mean everyone gets the same.
i love the end of both seara and elijah's songs. SO FUNNY. also, their diction is amazing. even though i've heard them sing this song, i am still in awe. way to go, janae, on being a fantastic mom.
Our primary program won't be until November, so I'll probably miss it with baby. But there's this girl that sits in front of me that practically yells out the entire song and it drives me nuts!
adorable!
Love it! Those are a couple of darling kiddos. :)
So cute. That's all I can say. Your kids are adorable.
That is really cute. I'm very impressed they learned the words. You have such cute kids!
ok, it's official, you have the coolest kids ever
Too bad we didn't get a clip of Lije when he was going through his shouting phase! :)
Pretty dang cute. My kids were mesmerized.
Post a Comment