I love the pictures of all the signs! That's awesome! And I can't believe that's all you spent on gas! That's not bad at all! Thank goodness gas is better than it was last year!
I love all the sign pictures too! I wanted to do that on our road trip out here, but we were too slow/asleep to catch any of them. We had to turn around for the Texas sign, and I'm glad we did!
Great job getting all the sign pics! I was planning on getting the one when we entered Wisconsin last week but it snuck up on me & we drove right passed it!!
I love that you enjoyed a leisurely (maybe not the right word?) drive across the country. So many memories you are making for your sweet family!!
Glad you made it home safely, I have loved all of your Eastern Excursions & look forward to updates!!
Do you guys turn around to get pictures of the signs? I just can't believe you caught them all! You got them to all line up so nicely on your blog too. I love the map! I am such a map person. If I want to get somewhere I have to have a map not instructions. I'm sure it's a relief to have the kid songs/screaming end!
That's insane! Back in my younger days I always thought it would be fun to take a forever long road trip like that. But now, with kids, I think I'll pass :) You're good!
What a trip. I can't believe how far you had to come with 3 kids. But what else can you do? Anyway, I am glad you are back in Sandy safe and sound. I hope I get to see you at McKay's wedding.
Erin - I had a good map and I always knew what city we'd pass through just before the border, so for most of them we got the picture fine. We did turn around a couple times, but that was generally pretty easy. The only one we struggled with was Illinois. The area we passed through when we entered Illinois was a HUGE metropolis and the sign was on the concrete at the side of an exit bridge - we didn't see it until it was too late. But we didn't dare get off the next exit and turn around because it was so crazy busy (rush hour), so we just said we'd get it as we left the state. Well it just so happened that you exit Illinois over a huge bridge, and the bridge was under construction, so we couldn't go back without a huge old hour-long detour. Hence the visitor center pic. Oh well!
We are so happy that you guys are back in the state! We have to get together and catch up! Give Debbie a call... Her number is 801-669-1377! Congrats on surviving the East coast! I am actually very jealous! Congrats on graduation and everything! We have loved the posts! :)
it looks like you just drove right by our house...we live about an hour from Yellowstone...should have stopped in and said hello! (glad you made it safe)
WOW. WOW.WOW. What a trip!!! I loved reading your day-by-day log. So glad you made it back in one piece, hopefully with your sanity intact. Can't wait for the latest update :)
Whew! Home at last! Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. Hopefully I'll make it down there before you guys take off again and we can go out (Without the ridiculous price of paying a babysitter...aren't grandparents great?). Too bad there isn't a Chi Burger Chi Burger in Sandy. That was sooooo good.
Those pictures are so fun!! I love them! I can't believe how many states you visited. I mapped out our road trip to Philly and it wasn't even close to that (but how fun about all the people you got to see and places you got to go). Long story, but in the end we will end up flying out. I am a little sad because I love road trips, but I'll make sure to do lots when I'm out there. Can't believe we're switching places. :)
WOW. I wonder what our trip last summer was... Too bad I didn't think ahead and kept track of the states and gas and stuff. It would have been interesting.
19 comments:
Glad you made it safe and sound. That was quite the trip!
I love the pictures of all the signs! That's awesome! And I can't believe that's all you spent on gas! That's not bad at all! Thank goodness gas is better than it was last year!
I love all the sign pictures too! I wanted to do that on our road trip out here, but we were too slow/asleep to catch any of them. We had to turn around for the Texas sign, and I'm glad we did!
Great job getting all the sign pics! I was planning on getting the one when we entered Wisconsin last week but it snuck up on me & we drove right passed it!!
I love that you enjoyed a leisurely (maybe not the right word?) drive across the country. So many memories you are making for your sweet family!!
Glad you made it home safely, I have loved all of your Eastern Excursions & look forward to updates!!
Do you guys turn around to get pictures of the signs? I just can't believe you caught them all! You got them to all line up so nicely on your blog too. I love the map! I am such a map person. If I want to get somewhere I have to have a map not instructions. I'm sure it's a relief to have the kid songs/screaming end!
What a crazy trip! That's good you are home safe! We are going to have to take that trip going the opposite direction in the next few months!
Wow, you guys are amazing! What a long road trip! And doing fourteen states, and almost seventy hours in the car with three kids is truly heroic!!!
That's insane! Back in my younger days I always thought it would be fun to take a forever long road trip like that. But now, with kids, I think I'll pass :) You're good!
What a trip. I can't believe how far you had to come with 3 kids. But what else can you do? Anyway, I am glad you are back in Sandy safe and sound. I hope I get to see you at McKay's wedding.
Uf dah!!
Erin - I had a good map and I always knew what city we'd pass through just before the border, so for most of them we got the picture fine. We did turn around a couple times, but that was generally pretty easy. The only one we struggled with was Illinois. The area we passed through when we entered Illinois was a HUGE metropolis and the sign was on the concrete at the side of an exit bridge - we didn't see it until it was too late. But we didn't dare get off the next exit and turn around because it was so crazy busy (rush hour), so we just said we'd get it as we left the state. Well it just so happened that you exit Illinois over a huge bridge, and the bridge was under construction, so we couldn't go back without a huge old hour-long detour. Hence the visitor center pic. Oh well!
We are so happy that you guys are back in the state! We have to get together and catch up! Give Debbie a call... Her number is 801-669-1377! Congrats on surviving the East coast! I am actually very jealous! Congrats on graduation and everything! We have loved the posts! :)
it looks like you just drove right by our house...we live about an hour from Yellowstone...should have stopped in and said hello! (glad you made it safe)
Love the google maps!
WOW. WOW.WOW. What a trip!!! I loved reading your day-by-day log. So glad you made it back in one piece, hopefully with your sanity intact. Can't wait for the latest update :)
Whew! Home at last! Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. Hopefully I'll make it down there before you guys take off again and we can go out (Without the ridiculous price of paying a babysitter...aren't grandparents great?). Too bad there isn't a Chi Burger Chi Burger in Sandy. That was sooooo good.
Those pictures are so fun!! I love them! I can't believe how many states you visited. I mapped out our road trip to Philly and it wasn't even close to that (but how fun about all the people you got to see and places you got to go). Long story, but in the end we will end up flying out. I am a little sad because I love road trips, but I'll make sure to do lots when I'm out there. Can't believe we're switching places. :)
I definitely love all the signs to captured. Where did you find time to do your blogging? Did you bring a laptop with you or something?
WOW. I wonder what our trip last summer was...
Too bad I didn't think ahead and kept track of the states and gas and stuff. It would have been interesting.
Post a Comment