Monday, June 8, 2009

It's a Girl Thing

Something about big life events makes me want to change my identity. I don't do it consciously, I just do it. In college whenever I had a break-up, I'd randomly decide to cut my hair. If you put two and two together, you might notice that our deciding to move to Maryland last year and my cutting nearly two feet of hair off happened around the same time. Hmmm ... I didn't do it purposely, but I don't think it was coincidental! Well, our first morning here in Utah I woke up and styled my hair in a way I had never done before. You know, just cuz I thought it might be fun. I've been doing it like that ever since.

me with mission comps Heidi Edwards and Ruth Grey

Well, apparently this identity change quirk is a girl thing, because ever since we left Maryland Seara has refused to be called 'Seara.' Don't even try. She'll just yell at you, "I'm not Seara! I'm Sisi!" So in Primary at our new ward they introduced her as Sisi. And that's what everyone calls her now.

apparently the top of the couch is the best place to watch movies

12 comments:

Lyndi said...

I really like it styled like that. Way cute!

Natalie said...

Your hair looks super cute! That is too funny about Seara--i wonder if it's just a phase she'll grow out of, or if it'll stick for awhile. Hmmm...

Katie said...

That's funny. Seara is an entertaining child. :)

Ruth said...

I like it. I really liked your hair long too.

Cara said...

It looks cute! I'm glad that has satisfied you on the whole changing your identity thing. I didn't want you to have to shave your head or something. :) Funny that everyone now knows Seara as Sisi. She's such a character. :)

Shandi said...

Cute Hair!!! I like it. You are one of those people who can pull off a short or long look.

Joe said...

Yeah I cut my hair when I moved down to Tucson . . .But I cut my hair every couple of months so mine probably was coincidence. I thought about changing my name to something more dramatic and masculine, but then i thought, "hey, what could possibley be more masculine than Joseph?" I mean seriously.
:)

Jodi said...

Cute hair!
Cute kid on the couch!

Sam Ricks said...

YEAH! DAT'S MAH BEBE! DAT'S MAAAAAAH BEBE! I think the style looks great, Janae.

And Seara's hilarious.

Krishele said...

I love the hair! You look good no matter what though. I'm considering taking the scissors to mine. Too much of it has been falling out lately and I can't tell if it just seems like a lot since it's long and one hair crumpled up takes up a bit of space so add a few and you've got a handful after a shower....or if I'm really just losing my hair. What gives? Either way, I'm tired of cleaning out my tub drain every month because it's clogged thanks to my long hair.

Erin said...

I love Sam's comment. Is he going to say that to you everytime you or Seara do something good?!

Your hair always looks cute. Either you only put good hair pictures on the blog or you have a knack for it. I don't "do" my hair often enough. Maybe because even when I do I'm rarely happy with it.

I wonder how long the Sisi phase will laugh. Alyn's daughter Madi went through a time where she didn't like being called Madilyn. I don't know if she's over that or not...

Erin said...

I love Sam's comment. Is he going to say that to you everytime you or Seara do something good?!

Your hair always looks cute. Either you only put good hair pictures on the blog or you have a knack for it. I don't "do" my hair often enough. Maybe because even when I do I'm rarely happy with it.

I wonder how long the Sisi phase will laugh. Alyn's daughter Madi went through a time where she didn't like being called Madilyn. I don't know if she's over that or not...