I have 17 days left ...
to finish dejunking (bah!),
to catch up on a month's worth of receipts,
to plan a bbq to welcome new families into the ward,
to make seven movies,
to wrap up loose ends in my calling and pass the buck,
to go on five more eastern excursions,
to pack my entire house,
and to completely neglect my children.
All this is to say: I may not be blogging for a while.
(Well, except for our excursions. I'll probably keep up on those.)
Friday, May 1, 2009
O.ver.whelmed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Wow! Sounds like it's crunch time! This time of year seems to be that way often even when you're not in school. Everyone else is finishing school, getting married, and moving. Good luck! I say just figure out what needs done first or most and do that. I'll miss your blogging but I can definitely see that you're going to be one busy lady.
WoW- no doubt you're feeling overwhelmed! Moving just stinks- and what's worse is realizing how much we accumulate in just a short matter of time- especially with kids. I got lucky last year when we moved into our new place because D.I. was just around the corner- anything I hadn't used or no longer had a need for I just dropped off there on my way out to run errands; it's not so easy to get rid of unwanted things though when D.I. is miles from home; and well in your case, D.I. doesn't really exist in Baltimore, does it? Like you, I already started feeling overwhelmed yesterday as I was cleaning my house- I thought I was extremely organized and kept only the important things but yesterday I realized that in a month or two, whenever we close on our house it's not going to be so easy packing things up; epecially with 3 kids and one on the way very soon. Good luck my friend; keep the kiddos busy with Disney movies these next few weeks while you're busy packing. Have a safe trip cross country- my guess is you're coming back here to Utah???
Good luck! Moving time is so chaotic. If I lived closer, I'd offer to watch your kids so you could get something done! Cartoons are always good entertainment for kids and they think it's such a treat when you let them watch more than usual!
17 days. Good luck with that. I also wish I could help (at either end). So are you moving to your parents basement then? Since I haven't heard otherwise. Oh, and I hope your dejunking works out well for you.
I know how you feel! (Well, sort of. I think we're both stressed in different ways at this point.) ;)
Dude. Scrap the excursions. You don't need to do them. You've done tons. You need some sanity. Going on five more is not worth the trouble, the time taken, or the stress. Just my opinion.
Good luck, by the way. :)
Steph - The Bishop's Storehouse in Baltimore has a clothing section, so remotely like DI. I think that is pretty common outside of Utah. But it would be an hour round trip to drop it off there. We could always do a local consignment shop, I guess. I'm jealous that you had a DI next door. :)
Oops. That was me that just commented as Sam. I didn't realize Sam was signed in!
17 days seems like time for maybe 2 "eastern excursions" 5 would throw me over the edge.
Unless you're moving abroad, I hope to mail you the Nemo after the move!
If you need a very quick Easter excursion to replace a more time intensive one here's an idea in our very own town. Take route 1 up to Levering and turn left. You will have already passed once under the Thomas viaduct. If you follow Levering along you'll pass under it again in a way cooler looking part. Then you can take another left and go through a very wooded and cool looking Lawyer's hill road or turn around and come back the way you came. Then you can stop at Cindy's Soft Serve (an Elkridge institution) for some icecream. It's right by Superfresh.
Let me know if you need any help with packing or kid wrangling!
Not that you need something else to take away your time, but I stumbled on this lady's blog that I find absolutely hilarious and thought you could appreciate it. I just check in every now and then, and her posts always make me smile!
http://deepthoughtsbycynthia.blogspot.com/
Good luck with the job hunt!!!
Sounds busy, but I know you'll be able to handle whatever you decide you're going to handle. You always do. Just make sure you're not running faster than you have strength. :) Good luck.
All I can say is GOOD LUCK!! You've got your work cut out for you!
That is A LOT to do! Knowing you, you'll be able to get most of it, if not all of done. Good luck! I am excited to see you and your kids again and let the cousins play together!
Post a Comment