Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"You're fired!"

Its been a while since I wrote about the kids, so here's the latest:

Elijah must be going through a growth spurt because he eats full meals every hour. You think I'm exaggerating. I'm not. He literally eats more than I do. Today, about 45 minutes after eating a huge meal he came up to me and kept saying "Hun-gee! Hun-gee!" I tried to put him off, tell him to wait, its not time yet, etc., but the next thing I know he has dragged his high chair over to me. I pretend not to see it. So he brings me his bib. I put it on him but tell him its not time to eat. (Wow, what a mixed message I was sending. Ooops.) That made him really sad, so he looks up at me and says, "Hungee! Peese!" Aw, man. I'm such a sucker for kids who say please. So I gave him a small snack. He ate it all and wanted more ... and more ... and more ... and where on earth is all this food going?!! He ate more than he ate at the last full meal not even an hour ago! This kid is costing us a fortune in food, and he's only 1. I can't imagine how bad it will be when he is 16!

Seara is in that stage of memorizing things she hears and throwing them out at uncannily perfect times. For example, on Sunday we went to dinner at my Uncle Bryce and Aunt Carol's house (they live an hour away in Springfield, Virginia). While we were there one of my cousins "took off" Seara's nose and told her "Seara, I have your nose!" to which Seara replied, "I don't think so!" Then today I told Seara not to do something and she looked at me and replied, "No! You're fired!" Um, excuse me?

Seara is also just starting to have opinions about what she wears. The other day she insisted on wearing her day-old pink onesie with one much-too-large pink & white winter boot and one much-too-large purple & black winter boot. Now, keep in mind, she wore no pants, and the boots practically came up to her knees. Add to that dad's gigantic-on-her-head maroon ball cap. It was a killer combination. Did we go out in public like that? Yes. Why? Because I had to go, and I am so exhausted from moving and being super pregnant that I just didn't have the energy to fight it. I just sucked up the humiliation and pretended I wasn't related to her. :) This is a picture after she went to sleep and without the hat (and a blanket on top). Okay, so it was really dark and I didn't want to wake her up by turning on the light, so I snapped just one picture with a bright flash. Obviously that went well. But you get the idea.

4 comments:

austinamasandra said...

I thing she got her "auntie" sandra's fashion sense...That's a GREAT outfit!!!! :)

allie said...

That's So funny! It seems to me that girls are much more particular than boys (even at this age) about their clothes. My kids almost never care what I put on them! :)

Rebecca said...

lol! The worst I've had to endure so far is mary janes with jeans. I hid those shoes after that until sunday came around...I can't wait until she realizes there is more to clothes than what mom decides to put you in.

Cara said...

I can't believe Elijah is eating that much! Crazy! And lucky for Seara, 2-year-olds can pull off anything and still look cute. :)