I said my next post would be a birth announcement. Its not. But I just had to share this. Remember when I went to the doctor two weeks ago, when I was 36 weeks, and they said I was dilated to a 2, nearly a 3, and 50% effaced? Well, last week they didn't check, and today (at 38 weeks) when they did, guess what they said. I AM DILATED TO A 0. Yes, you read that right. Zero, nilch, nada, nothing, goose egg. ZERO. I'm still 50% effaced, but not dilated at all. Is that even possible?!! Can the baby go backwards?! Apparently when I was doing all the work of moving my labor was being progressed, but since we finished up so quickly and I started taking things really lightly for fear the baby would come too soon, the baby has inched right back up and has no plan on coming any time soon. AHHHHHH!!!

7 comments:
Oh man, I can't believe that! I guess you should have just waited to move until you were full term. That would have made everything much easier :) So if it makes you feel any better we went to our ultrasound on Friday the 13th of this month and the baby decided to be very modest and cross its legs the whole time and sit cross-legged etc. So we don't know whether it is a boy or girl and the doctor may or may not send us to get another one. You'll have to tell me if you recommend being surprised on the delivery day!
Maybe it is a good thing. Let's sleep while we can!
You sleep while you're pregnant?! Because I find that I get better sleep during the first month after birth than the last month of pregnancy!
Your the mom. Just tell the baby what to do. :)
That's depressing! I'd say the depth of sleep is much better post baby's birth, but it gets inturrupted WAY TOO often! Your kids may sleep better than mine, though! I saw your 2nd to youngest SIL the other day in Mesa!
I am checking your blog everyday to see if baby is here. I hope baby comes soon so you can start getting that deep sleep :) We are thinking of you Janae!
you poor thing! I'm sorry! Waiting for the baby is probably the most anxiety ridden wait there is. "Any day now" just doesn't cut it when you're hoping it will happen RIGHT NOW! You're a trooper....I can't wait to see your pictures of the newly expanded family. Hang in there. Love's to you!
Post a Comment