Friday, June 27, 2008

I start all conversations like this ...

No, I have not had the baby.
No, I am not in labor.
Yes, I hate my life.


But, in other news, WALL-E came out in theaters today and being the Pixar buffs we are, we went and took both children. (Okay, so the fact that Samuel is doing his final paper for one of his classes this semester on the Pixar strategy for success and had to watch this for his paper also helped motivate us.) The kids did great for a 1 year-old and 2 year-old, but I don't think the movie was the best for kids this small. Samuel and I, however, enjoyed the movie. Not my favorite Pixar (Nemo and Incredibles are in the first two slots) but definitely a top 10. (LOL - there are only 9 Pixar movies.)

ps. GUESS WHAT?!! I saw bicycle man again today!! He was a good 15 miles from the place where we saw him last time. Same look (shorts, wife beater, scraggly long hair, beard, and helmet - but no super soaker), on a bridge overpass holding on to the side while trying to balance on his completely stationary bike. In a rain storm. For real.

8 comments:

Megan said...

So sorry the baby is not here yet. The waiting around is killer. Hope he/she makes an appearance soon!

The Pingels said...

Its so hard when the other ones come earlier. Easton was 34 weeks and I thought I was going to die when Luke went to 38.5. I feel your pain! Its like, enough already, we know the bun is done cooking, so put on your oven mits and get it out of the oven already!!

Aubrey said...

Sorry the baby isn't here yet....

I went 40.5 weeks with Celeste. I worked full time right up until the weekend she was born. My doctors weren't worried, so I wasn't either, but for the entire last month of my pregnancy, many of my co-workers would say, "Why are you still here?", "When are you due?" "What if you go into labor here at work?" "Aren't you worried you'll have the baby at work?"

Ruth said...

I'm so excited for you. Hang in there!

Cara said...

I'm excited to see Walle (or should I say WALL-E). I can't choose a favorite Pixar. Nemo is great. And I think the Toy Story ones are so ingenious. Same with Monsters Inc. Totally ingenious. The other ones are really good- though not as clever to me. Anyways. I'll have to talk to you to get the details of what you thought.

Hang in there on that babe. You can't be pregnant forever (I know you are thinking you will be.)

Margaret and Murray Pratt said...

I am glad you had a family night at the movies and saw WALL-E! I'm sorry this pregnancy has been more difficult than the others. When it does happen you will feel like the happiest woman that ever went into labor (without stopping and going in reverse)!

Crystal said...

Hey Janae,
They forwarded your email to the RS yesterday, and I saw you had a blog! I am sorry to hear that you are still pregnant! I hope it goes well, and happens soon! :) I am glad to hear that you made it to Baltimore safely! I read your entry about the ward, and I was cracking up! Too funny! You will have to check out our blog as well. jc-family.blogspot.com

Crystal Cox

Asialene said...

That bicycle man story is so funny. That is so weird!!!
How fun that WALL-E was part of Samuel's assignment!