Here's my belly at full-term with Seara (I don't have one of Lije, but I was even bigger with him):
Now here is my latest belly picture. I'm now full-term, dilated to 2 cm and 50% effaced. (I'm actually 36 weeks, but Lije was born at 37 and Seara at 38.)
You think to yourself, "Wow! She does not look full term!" but you fail to remember that the baby is THE SAME SIZE as all other full term babies, it just has less room to maneuver around in. Which is why I've decided to store my stomach in one thigh, my intestines in the other, and my lungs up in my throat. Needless to say, this has been my most painful pregnancy. The good news is that I now have a better understanding of why Jacob told his people to "let your soul delight in fatness." Fatter is definitely better when it comes to pregnancy.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Pregnancy Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
okay, the whole "fatter is definitely better" thing is ONLY true if it actually goes away after the pregnancy! some of us are not so lucky.
and i love your new place! can i have one like that? we're going to be homeless soon and i'm trying not to stress. but i love your new digs - sweet!
Amen to the "full term babies have less room to maneuver around in" comment. That's my pregnancies too, as you know. You looks great though, even if you don't feel it. And some times you just have to be happy with looking great. :)
beautiful!
You look so pretty! I can't get over how fast this pregnancy has gone (you probably don't feel that way), but it seems like yesterday when you showed us the ultrasound picture on the fridge on Christmas!
Post a Comment