I served a mission in Porto, Portugal from May 2002 - November 2003. My mission had about 120-150 missionaries with 10-20 sisters at a time. The greatest part about that is that there were five of us sisters that were in the MTC together and all got to serve with each other at various times in the field. We've all stayed great friends and try to get together regularly (once a month or so). As of right now, four of us are still in Utah Valley, so this last Wednesday we all met for lunch at a little restaurant called Brazil, Brasil. (I call this face 'trying to get my kids to look at the camera and be happy'.)
Me w/ babies & belly, Lacy Collins Forston & baby boy belly, Stephanie Truesdell Campbell w/ Noah, Ian, & baby in belly, Heidi Livingstone Edwards & Mae (we are missing Ruth Donaldson Grey who lives in San Diego with Jonathan & her baby belly).
Yes, you counted correctly, four of the five of us are also pregnant right now. Lacy is due any day now; and Steph, Ruth, and I are all due within a month of each other in late June/early July!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Sisters Get-Together
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
What a fun thing to do. I'd love to see some of the sisters I served with.
Makes me wish I had the opportunity to serve a mission. :( Que sera, sera. Barry and I will have to make up for it when the kids are grown and gone. :)
All of you ladies are looking just as gorgeous as ever!!! Oh, looking at that picture makes me miss you guys so much!! Dang, if only I didn't live 12 hours away. ;-) Hey, how 'bout having the next Porto sisters lunch in Washington?! hehehehe
Isn't it fun to see all of us with growing families...and growing tummies? It's great.
Oh, and you should add Shara Jackson Harper to the list of sweet sistas that are expecting right now. She's due in June/July too. Crazy to think that all these babies are coming at the same time.
As for me and Josh, we'd love to have another right now, but I told him that this baby factory is out-of-order until I graduate next winter!! ;-)
Hope you ladies had a fun time!!! Thanks for blogging about it.
What a fun thing to do together. I need to be better about getting together with people who I've roomed with and have been good friends with for so long.
thanks for this blog--made me smile, everyone looks WONDERFUL!:) yay for our baby-making-years!
Oh I wish I could be there. Love you girls!
Ruth
That is so fun that you guys get together regularly and are good friends OUTSIDE of the mission field. Sometimes missionaries don't have a lot to talk about once they get off the mission. :)
And I love your face in this picture and how you classified it. That made it funny to me.
Post a Comment