Thursday, January 31, 2008

An Update on the Kiddos

I haven't written about my chillins in a while, so here is a brief catch up on each of them.

Elijah took his very first real steps on Christmas day ... and then didn't walk again for many, many days. He can take 10 or so steps in a row, but doesn't. He'll take about three and then just drop to his knees (even though he's got great balance. He just quits). So he still crawls all day long. I used to take comfort in his late walking from all the other kids his age that weren't walking yet. Unfortunately, all four of those kids now walk. No comfort for me! :) I'm not really worried, I'm just anxious for him to have more freedom. And for me to have more freedom from him. Okay, so my wanting him to walk is selfish. Can you blame me? He says lots of little words, my favorite being, "uh-oh!" He's really good at knowing exactly when to say it, too. When I hear it I always know that something is wrong!

Seara is now obsessed with the Leap Frog Alphabet Factory movie. I don't mind it either, since one of my greatest fears about having children is having to teach them how to read. This movie is really helping me out! Seara walks around the house all day singing, "the F says fffff" and "the Y says yuh" and any other letter & sound that pops into her head. Man I am a good mom! :) Seara is also learning how to share. She is actually really good about it and we haven't had a problem yet. Okay, except when she shares things that make messes. Like the other day she was eating the French Silk Chocolate pie I made, and Lije was standing at the her stool asking for some, so she scooped up a huge amount of the chocolate cream stuff, and then handed him the spoon. What a mess! (But how could I get mad, it was so sweet of her!) My favorite thing she says lately is this: "[quizzical look] What? [light bulb look] Oh, duh!" Hmmmm... I wonder who she got that from? Oh the things you don't realize you say until your kids repeat them!

3 comments:

Cara said...

Chalk another one up for the Leap Frog videos. They are great! :) Your kids are so cute. I'm excited to see this month's movie. :)

Kristine said...

You should get on the starfall website! I love it for my joshua! www.starfall.com It's great for young kids for letter sounds and recognition and reading as they get older. :)

Davis Smith said...

We have that movie (thanks to your mom!), but I cannot see Makenna watching it. She will not watch ANYTHING! I try to get her excited for Barney, and she will get happy about it (mainly because of me), but she'll watch a few minutes and that is it. It is so weird! Savanna is the opposite - I thought all kids would like TV. And she's old enough to like it, so it must just be a personality thing.