New Years Weekend was fabulous this year!! We drove up to my parents cabin (just east of Heber in a place called Timberlakes) right after Samuel got off work on Friday, and we stayed there until Tuesday night. This is a picture of the frozen lake with some cabins in the background.
My parents and my brothers Ryan (17) and Liam (15) were there with us the whole time, and we had visits from Lissa & Severin and Davis & Asialene. We ate a ton of good food, played lots of games, and watched a few movies. Samuel and I got our first grab at the pool table, so we played against each other a few times. Neither of us is very good. Our first game I hit in all seven of my balls, plus four of Samuel's, and he still won the game (dang that 8 ball!) He won more often than I did, but I think I hit the pool balls in more often. In one shot I'd get one of mine and two of his in. Kinda defeats the purpose, don't ya think?! The kids had a marvelous time exploring a new place and playing with Grandma's fun games. This is Lije and Samuel with matching Chile hats.
We also did a lot of outdoor stuff. There are some amazing sledding hills (aka the rarely driven road that leads to and from the cabin), and if you get some speed in the beginning, you can go for a good four or five minutes without stopping. It is awesome!! It is just steep enough to get you going fast, but not so bad that I ever had to pray for my life. :) Samuel and I went sledding three times and took the kids one of the times. Elijah did okay, but he mostly laid in the sled and whined. Seara, on the other hand, had a ball. She refused to come in when we were done, she'd just get right back in the sled and tell us "again!" We also went snow shoeing with my parents and Liam (while Ryan stayed back and tended the napping kids). We hiked up to the lake, then down to the river, and had a ball doing it. Here are some pics. Notice that the person on the left changes from Samuel to Liam. I put two pictures so neither would be left out. :)

Wednesday, January 2, 2008
A Weekend at the Cabin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This looks like so much fun. I am glad that we got to see you on Sunday, and even more glad, because we connected again! Now we can stay in touch!
I think you have an amazing family, and I admire you and Sam from afar. You guys rock.
What fun to go snow-shoeing! Looks like you guys had a great time. And I love the Chili hats picture! :)
Post a Comment