(Click on each comic to get it enlarged.)


I'm hoping I'll be better about my New Years resolutions if I have someone to account to (ie. the entire blogosphere). So I've been at it for a month and here's how I'm doing:
1) Run six races - Okay, I can't do this until the weather is nice. My first race will be the Rex Lee Run at BYU, held in March. I really ought to start training for it, but its cold outside. I'll start later. :)
2) Stretch six minutes before bed - I've done it every night but two, which I count as a major success!
3) Read the BOM six times - Okay, I just might be as dumb as a box of rocks. When I made this goal I was in the middle of Alma right? The problem was, that I was reading the BOM in chronological order (Ether first, then the main block, and then Words of Mormon & all of Mormon/Moroni writings very last). So, I wanted to finish what I was doing. Which means that I had to finish that before I even started my new goal. (It didn't seem right to finish it and count that as a whole read.) Needless to say, I have been reading a massive amount in the BOM lately. BUT the good news is, I'm right on schedule to finish the first full read by February 29th. Phew!
4) Read six church books - Haven't even started. I'll have to get on the ball soon!
5) Go to the temple each month - We did it for January!
6) Read a book each month - I never finished our book club book, so yesterday Samuel asked how I was going to read a book this month and I freaked (I completely forgot about my goal!) So now I'm cheating and reading this 100 page, large print Newbery Medal book. Hey, its short, but its a book. I'm counting it!
ps. I need advice. My goal with the Book of Mormon was to read it twice each in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Now I'm thinking I'll read it in English in Jan/Feb and Nov/Dec, and do Spanish and Portuguese in between. So the question is, should I do Span-Port-Span-Port or do Span-Span-Port-Port? Do you think switching back and forth would help me separate the two languages, or just confuse me?
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Return and Report
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I say do Spanish, Spanish, Portuguese, Portuguese. I'm not sure why though. It makes sense to separate them in my mind. But do what you want. And good job on all those goals! You are a great example.
Post a Comment