Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Best Night Ever

Last night was a great night! So Samuel comes walking in the door from work and I'm standing right in front of him, looking at him, right? So I start talking to him: "Hey! Good news! Dinner is late so you have just enough time to shovel the driv...." and a good way into the sentence I see this in his hands:


"What are those for?" "For you." "Why?" "Because I love you." How cute is that? And isn't just like a girl to be suspicious?! What movie is it that has that in it ... oh, Sliding Doors. The main character overhears a couple arguing because the woman is saying that the man only gets her flowers when he is hiding something, and then the main character goes home to her guy and finds him holding flowers for her. Its really funny. And I have an edited copy (the editing is necessary) if you ever want to borrow it. Anyway. So not only did I get beautiful flowers, but we had some amazing pizza thanks to my sister Cara's fantastic dough recipe (you can find it on her blog at the bottom of the left column).

(This one is half pepperoni; half red pepper, onions, and tomatoes.)


After dinner we had homemade French Silk Chocolate Pie, also thanks to Cara (that recipe is right above the pizza one). I think I must be part male, because if my tummy is happy, everything else is happy too. :)


Okay, so a fabulous night. I mean flowers, good food, how could it get better? I'll tell you how. So we're in bed, right? And I'm cuddled up behind Samuel, who promptly falls asleep. Well, I stay in that position for a while, but I couldn't sleep without rolling over. Unfortunately, when I tried to move, I couldn't get my arm and leg untangled from Sam's because he is out like a light and his body is just dead weight. So I pull and pull, and finally break free to roll over. About ten seconds later I hear Samuel reach his arm over to his desk (which is right next to the bed) and start rummaging through his pencil bag. (I must interject here that Samuel is an artist and his 'pencil bag' is like 18 inches long and could fit a number of full sized cups inside.) After about a minute of him rummaging I finally ask him,

"Sam, what are you doing?" Silence ...
"Sam ..."
"Sam! What are you doing?"

Suddenly he kinda shakes himself and mutters,

"I just woke up ..." Now he's feeling around the desk ...
"Here, I got this for you."

And he drops his watch on top of me. Um, okay. So I try to hand him his watch (which he won't take back) and I keep telling him,

"Sam, put your watch back on your desk."
"Samuel, I don't need your watch. Put it back on the desk."
"Sam, put it back."

At this point he is finally awake enough to be confused and ask me what happened. Lets just say that I laughed in bed for nearly 30 minutes. That was hilarious!!! That was the topper. Can life get better? I submit that it cannot! :)

6 comments:

Lissa Nelson said...

We had homemade pizza with Cara's dough last night too! That dough is so yummy (I think I ate about half of it raw before we made the pizza).

Davis Smith said...

That is too funny! He must have been really tired! And how sweet of him to bring home flowers. Sounds like you all had a fun night. I've been meaning to try that pie recipe - so thanks for the reminder. Oh, by the way, Savanna and I watched a bunch of your movies yesterday. She just loves them.

Jolie said...

What a sweetheart your hubby is!!! WOW, and it's not even Valentine's day yet!!
Sounds like it was a great day.
The pizza looked so yummy.

Cara said...

Glad you enjoyed the pizza and pie. :) I think it's so sweet that even in his sleep, Sam is being romantic. Okay, maybe "romantic" isn't the right word. But he was trying to give you a gift and that's sweet. Even if it's his watch. :)

The Parkers said...

That's funny! Hey did you get my message about the welcome sign? I got my new one if you want the old one!

Elizabeth said...

Homemade pizza, beautiful flowers, funny night ramblings...sounds great!