So I hear you Utites (aka people from Utah) have been getting oodles of snow.
Not to brag or anything, but it has snowed ONE time here.
Back in November.
Half an inch.
It stayed for about two hours.
For a second I thought I missed snow, but then I came to my senses. :) But, to make you feel better about yourselves, I'm re-posting some of Calvin's snowmen strips. You can click on them to enlarge them. Hopefully this cheers you up!













Friday, January 9, 2009
Calvin's Snowmen, pt 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
at first i really hated you for posting this. because i really hate the snow.
but now...after being in philly for a few days, i realize i'd rather have snow and cold than just plain cold.
but really, i'd rather have hawaii.
I almost missed it when it snowed for a minute in December. Then my mom told me that the plows had to push so much snow from the streets, that they were left with a snow bank almost 6 feet high at the end of the driveway. However, I might miss it again by the end of August when it is 200 degrees outside. Until then, I will enjoy going outside in a tee shirt in early January.
I don't think us Caribbean girls were made for snow. It's pretty from the inside though.
And don't all those comic strips make you want to try some of his ideas? I totally want to (except that I'd have to actually go out in the snow to do it).
Heidi - you kinda have a point with the whole just plain cold vs. snow with cold. But I'm with you, I'd prefer Hawaii ... or Puerto Rico ... or any island any where.
Cara - yeah, I think our childhood basically formed us into heat-loving, cold-hating women. :) And yeah, I soooo want to do some of those ideas. If I ever end up living somewhere cold, I swear I'm gonna replicate a few of them!
Calvin and Hobbes is so stinkin' incredible. Anyway, I'm really glad we don't have any snow mostly because I hate driving in it.
Aaaaah! Janae, you and I share the same love of Calvin & Hobbes snowman comics! Those are my absolute favorite. With all our snow, I should make a few... heh heh heh. Oh! And that snowman with the tree in the middle of his chest? Someone made that snowman when Erik and I were at Snow College! It was great! (And our snow is finally melting, by the way!) :-)
so funny! i love those!
Sarah - I LOVE the snowman with the tree coming up out of his chest! In fact, I was just thinking how I want to make that one (and the car accident ones - hilarious!). I can't believe someone did it at Snow!! How cool is that?!
Keep on making fun! We will see how your summer is compaired to ours!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so funny...Kind of makes me want to go out and build some snowmen....I love the snowman house of horror! (does that mean there is something wrong with me?)
I do have issues with snowmen.
Long story short...I mentioned once I thought a friends snowman Christmas decoration was cute, my mother was there. I ended up getting several gifts that were all snowman stuff,repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, overwhelmed by the snowman avalanche...help I am suffocating...Love it in other homes not mine:)
Matt is a HUGE Calvin and Hobbes fan, so I loved these comics! He owns every one of the books/collections. And so not fair that you haven't had snow! I miss east coast winters!
Post a Comment