Don't let that innocent face fool you. He's still as busy as can be destroying any semblance of cleanliness and organization in my home ...
If you don't know what this 'hat' is, I won't tell you. If you do, know that I was absolutely disgusted as I ran for the camera so I could solidify this moment in history. I just know this picture is going to come in handy some day. :)
So, Seara's latest thing is taking all her clothes off. (Don't worry, she keeps her diaper on.) Unfortunately, she's dragging the boys into it with her, too. Elijah does it because his big sister is obviously a perfect example of all that is good and wise (see picture above) and Enoch does it because Seara takes his clothes off any time I'm not watching. Like when I blink.
Okay, I have a question. Nicknames. Elijah is either Lija or Lije. That one is my easy one. Seara is Sease or Cici. Except I never write "Cici" on the blog because it bothers me that I can't seem to spell it like her name. I want it to start with an S. So maybe Sisi? Seasea? Honestly, what do guys think? Any brilliant ideas?
And then there's Enoch. What on earth should we call him?? Remember, we pronounce Enoch: E (the way you say it when you say the alphabet - a, b, c, d, E ...) - NICK. That is the way I grew up hearing it. And personally, I just don't love E-KNOCK. Anyway. Sam doesn't want to call him Nicky. I don't mind because, once again, I'm bothered that it's not spelled like his name. I just can't convince myself to spell it Nochy. I do think Nicky is cute, though. So do we call him "E"? My sisters call me J. Janae is a hard nickname, too. So I'm either J, or else I'm Naenae. Which makes me sound like a horse. And don't you dare start calling me that. Alright, alright, back to Enoch. Een? Noch? Nic? C'mon, I'm serious. I need help!

14 comments:
This post made me laugh! I can't believe Seara takes Enoch's clothes off!
As far as nicknames... Enoch is hard. I'm not a huge fan of E-KNOCK either. Een (said like Ian) might work... depends on what fits him. We sometimes call Celeste "li'l C".
I think Sisi works. Or Sese. Or SeeSee. ??? For Enoch, E? I don't know! En? (of course said like Een or something). Man this is getting complicated. You should have just named him Sam. :)
I like Nic or Nick. E just doesn't sound right to my ear.
None of the S- cici names look like you pronounce it. Cici seems to be the closest.
Are these just fun nicknames to call them, or will they actually learn to write/spell these nicknames once they get to be 4 years old?
That's funny that even the baby can't stay clothed!
Why not Cone? ENOCH backwards?! (The H is silent!)
As for the hat... I am glad it is getting used for something! :)
Debbie says Seara is becoming Carrot Top (props and all!)
Nicknames can be hard. Elliot has lots that work. Ell, Elli, Elli Marie, etc. Harrison has none that sound like his name because I refuse to call him Harry. I like E for Enoch. If Elliot was a boy, we still were planning on using the name Elliot and I was going to call him E.
by the way, that "naked picture" is adorable. its my computer background right now.
also, 6 days is referring to when High School Musical 3 goes to theaters!!
I like Nic or Een (said Ian) but it's up to you guys. Nicknames are hard. I was surprised by Elijah's nicknames...I've would have guessed Eli. I love that Elijah has on necklaces in the picture. Seara is pretty good to be able to get the baby's clothes off. I love Seara's new hat. Your kids really know how to accessorize!
We've had our own potty seat mishaps at our home lately, too. But hey at least it's getting some use. Nicknames don't really come naturally to me unless I completely stray from the name...except for Kater potater (Idaho...potatoes...get it?) Or I guess you have Drewsey Doo or Droodle or little stink.
But actual nicknames I can call them in public are a different thing altogether. Kaytlyn is just Kate and Andrew is Andrew. Real creative, aye? But my family is known for weird, at home only nicknames. Like mine was Popey (pronounced pope-ee) It means little doll in Dutch...but whatever...no one else hearing it would know that. They'd just assume we're making fun of the Pope or are really religious. Brittany's girl, Emma, they call Bean. Go fig. And Molly is Smalls...Annie, is annie bananie. Catch what I mean about ridiculous in public? So you could take a total off name nick name for Enoch...like squirt or something...but really I wouldn't at all be offended if you didn't call him squirt. :)
PS. What the heck happened to your mac?
I feel your pain about the nickname thing. Sarah is just not a good name for nick names. Although, I did have one guy call me S-Crev (as in Ess Crev - my maiden name is Creviston). I thought it was cool.
Anyway, Enoch...what's his middle name? Sometimes you can combine the first and the second. Maybe Eni - like Enn-ee. Hmmm. Or just call him Peanut. Or something completely random. "Newsies" is a great source for nicknames. ;-)
I think E is great. It is easy to spell and easy to say. I love that first picture of Elijah. He looks so adorable--you know, like a little angel!
Just call him Baby. Forever.
Ha ha!!! I love those pictures. Seara's "hat" is hysterical. They may be trouble sometimes, but what a cute bunch!!
On the subject of the potty seat, I was thinking that we should get one this morning. Asa said "poop," I asked if he needed to poop and he said "yes." So I took him up to the potty. He was afraid and didn't poop on the potty, but in his diaper just a couple minutes later.
James says in general to call your kids what you name them. That's probably not what you want to hear. But he's brainwashed me into thinking that as well, so I don't have a suggestion for you. I am glad my nick name from childhood didn't stick: Toad Stool. I have no idea where it came from. I think my mom has always been a bit crazy!
Post a Comment