Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Family Pictures

My sweet friend Sue took our family pictures this last week! We tried to take them last Monday but had some technical difficulties, and had to re-do them. But we did get this gem from Monday:


So we did pictures again on Friday. I pretty much loved them all, but that is because my own kids fascinate me and I think they are precious no matter what. So I just picked a few. (Ha, ha! There are 11 pictures on this post. Obviously I can't pick just one.) But here are some that I love ...




Sue just got back from a photography retreat and has been learning photoshop, so she spiced up these darling pics:






And then some family pics. I'm not putting the best one up because we're using it for our Christmas cards, and I want it to be new to you. So here are some other ones:



Nickname Update: Okay, you guys are hilarious! I got some dang funny comments on the nickname question! So I'm thinking I'll stick with Sisi. Not in love, but maybe it will wear on me. Maybe if I write it more often I'll get used to it. Right now we are calling Enoch "Enoch Enoch bo benoch banana fana fo fenoch" which Sam says might stick if we don't choose something soon. I like Nic, but Sam still says no. Maybe if I say it alot, Sam will get used to it. :) I like E, but if we name our next girl Eden (both Elijah and Enoch were going to be Eden if they were girls) then we will have three kids whose names start with "E". I like Een, best, I think. What about Eeny. Is that getting a bit too strange? Maybe Eensy ... like the Eensy weensy spider? Oh, and his middle name is Ole (after my dad), if that gives anyone any brilliant ideas. But unless you are familiar with that name, you probably don't pronounce it correctly. It's Scandinavian - you know, the names Olsen and Olson are son of Ole. You pronounce it like "old" but stop before you say the "d" and say the letter "e" instead. For real, if you have any ideas or opinions, I really do want to know!!!

26 comments:

Sharalea said...

Your family is BEAUTIFUL!
I love the one with the leaves being thrown up & around, very *fun*. And, very FALL! Gorgeous.

Good luck with the nickname game.

I like "E"
then if you do have an "Eden" you could call her "Edie"

Sharalea said...

...not like Eddie but like Eedie...

Cara said...

Fun, fun pics! Glad they turned out and that you are happy. Back to nicknames...we call Ethan "Ethan O" sometimes. Or "Ethy O". Or "Ethan Ole" (as you know). Nicknames don't always have to be shorter, right? You can call him "Enoch O" or something. Or just "E-O". Captain "E-O". That would work. Or "E-or" (Eeyore)- his initials. Oh the possibilities are endless!

ps I love the pic of Seara covering her face. How cute is that!!!

Megan said...

Darling pictures.

Mel said...

Janae, I think Enoch resembles your dad.

Jessica said...

Wow Elijah looks so much older. And way cute too. So I thought that George was a pretty good talker until I watched your last video with Seara and Elijah saying the names of the First Presidency, that was so amazing and darling!

Melanie said...

Love the picutres. Your kids are so cute. I'm will to adopt Elijah anytime. Are you enjoying the fall leaves changing? I bet it's beautiful. Leaves don't really change color in Las Vegas.

Krishele said...

Those pictures are great! You are becoming such a cute little (big) family. Funny how that happens when you have kids. I, too, love the leaves in the air one. Very creative set up.

I agree with the "E" thing. I really like that one for Enoch and if/when you get your Eden, you'd probably be surprised what nicknames might just pop up for her. Kids' personalities can be more than enough to spark ideas for nicknames out of seemingly nowhere. So go with what you like for now and you may just be surprised with what may come about later, right?

Anonymous said...

Next time that Elijah spills dish soap on the carpet run to the computer and remember how cute he is! The pictures are great! All three of them look so much alike!

Leah said...

Adorable pictures, your kids are so cute!

Babydoll said...

What great pictures. Your kids are all dolls!

Erin said...

Your family pictures look like they came right out of a Gap ad or something similar...are you using these for your modeling career start up? ;-) So cute! I love the colors. Your kids are gorgeous...you and Sam look good too. I think your hair turned out great for the pictures...all that worry for nothing.

denise @ little ant design said...

Such cute pictures - love them!

Janell said...

I really don't read your blog enough but I should because it cracks me up every time! Love the family pictures. Isn't it so fun to catch the personality of your kids on camera? They are so cute!
I was trying to think of a nickname for Enoch to help you out but yeah, that's a hard one. I think I'd stick with E. Nice and simple.

Cranberryfries said...

Janae
I just found your blog on Melanies!! Fun to get to see your adorable family!! Hope you are all well.

Rachel Sue said...

Janae! Okay, so I'm not so far behind Debbie. How are you? Your kids are adorable. What are you up to! So fun to find you again!

austinamasandra said...

Darling pictures!!! What can I say, you guys make CUTE babies!

Mindy said...

Love the colors in your pictures. You guys look great!

Jolie said...

Great pictures! Tell me, how on earth did you manage to get three young children to hold the pose with their heads in a circle long enough to take the picture?!?!
And all smiling????
It seems like whenever I try taking pictures of my kids--especially all 3 of them together--there's this 2 millisecond window of opportunity where they hold a pose perfectly. And if you don't snap it just in time, you miss it. And, well, I usually do. ;-(

I love the fall theme too. Perfect for the fam picture out east this year, eh?!

katieo said...

SO CUTE Janae!!
Your friend did a fantastic job!!

Although I kind of think you should send out the one of Elijah with the toothpaste for a Christmas Card.

(and p.s. love the new header!)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures.

Asialene said...

You got some great shots! I can't wait to see your Christmas card. The colors, outfits, and faces are all beautiful!!! I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that Sam has something - a wallet or phone - in his pocket. In the fall family picture we have Davis has his phone in his pocket and it is totally noticeable! How funny!

Paige said...

Oh my goodness...those pictures are ADORABLE. I love the fall leaves. Seriously...SO CUTE!

Sam Ricks said...

Asialene's right. I've got a wallet, a phone, I think a pacifier and who knows what else in my pockets. My breast pocket has my glasses in it, since I forgot to take my glasses off until we were in mid stride with this shot!

Sam Ricks said...

It's "E" all the way. Eden can be Eedy or something.

Sarah said...

All of those pictures look so beautiful! I love that one of your kids all lying on the ground with their heads together. Just adorable! And wow... you are so right that Elijah has the most innocent, angelic face. You would never guess that he gets up to so much mischief!