THE NATIONAL ZOO

It was supposed to be pretty cold today (56* high) but since it was was also supposed to be sunny, we figured we would bundle up and head to The National Zoo in DC. The zoo was nearly empty, the animals were all out and entertaining, and we thought we were brilliant ... until it started to rain. So our trip got cut a tad bit short. Luckily we did all the big animals first! And extra luckily The National Zoo is a part of the Smithsonian Museums - which means it is free! (Click on any picture in this post to enlarge it.)
The last time Samuel and I went to the zoo was in San Diego on our honeymoon. Four years, three kids, and 2689 miles later, here we are:

13 comments:
How fun! I love the zoo and I bet they're even more fun with kids. My friend told be to tell you to be sure to visit the Baltimore Aquarium. She was in DC this summer and said that was the best thing they visited.
That bird you posed with was a little freaky. That eye. Yikes. The last picture made me laugh. It looks like Seara was trying to give Elijah a wet-willy or something. Ha ha! As always, fun pictures and beautiful kids.
Zoo's are so much more fun with kids, don't you think? They get so excited about the things that are now ho-hum to you. It's great.
I'm missing the fall colors here. For some reason all of the trees stayed green and then just went yellow or dead looking. No reds, oranges, etc. Grrr. Maybe it had something to do with having such a late spring. Anyway. We went down to Provo this last weekend for the BYU game for our anniversary and got to enjoy the fall colors there. That made me pretty happy.
We like going to the zoo. Mary thinks it is great. We have some back roads here where the tree tops on either side meet at the top in the middle (does that make sense?). When the leaves change color it feels like you are in a tunnel of orange, red and yellow. I just love it!
I love zoos esp when their free! Oh wait... just kidding... there is one in St. Paul that is free, but that one is just junky. I feel so bad for the animals there. But the one you went to looks nice! I'm glad you found a good free zoo! The east coast seems like a fun place. I'm glad because i'll probably end up living there someday.
You guys always have so much fun! And thanks for the hair compliment!
Debbie and I are sitting in our loft and she said, "Just think, if Sam and Janae were still living here, we probably would be watching Sam put up Christmas lights right now!" We miss you guys!
I completely agree with seeing the Baltimore aquarium, it is awesome! I never made it to the zoo though, in two years of living in DC. Looks like a blast!
Hi Janae
I found your blog the other day and I thought I'd better comment so I'm not just a freaky lurker :) Did you take all those animal pictures? We still haven't done like most/any of the things you've posted about yet and we've lived here 4 years. Yeah, maybe we'd better get a move on.
Very fun!
Hey Meg! I'm glad you found it! Yes, I took all the animal pictures. Hence the elephant one is mostly of its backside. :)
I love the zoo! How lucky that it is free. I had a zoo pass when we lived up in Oregon. We used it a ton, and that was before we had kids!
My daily entertainment would be NOTHING without your blog! I love following your adventures. It's kinda chilly here these days!
BTW, I loved your last post about "Am i ready for marriage?" Classic, classic, classic! Before you guys move away, we MUST get together, ya hear?
Your pictures of the zoo look great! I seem to be cursed when it comes to taking pictures at zoos. Ever since I got a camera at age 10 I've taken pictures when we went to the zoo and they have all turned out terrible! I don't know what it is. Anyway, it looks like you guys had fun! We are going to take Tommy to the tiny "zoo" they have here in Logan. Not quite the National Zoo, but they have a monkey! :-)
Post a Comment