Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hair Cut :(

Did you just love my hair in the Charm City Cake pictures and at the Orioles game? Me too. But we're hoping to get family pictures taken soon, and the hair on my neck was getting long, so I decided to go in for a trim last night.

I came out butchered.

Seriously, when I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror, I looked just like my brothers. I look like a boy. And I hate it. I never cried about my ring (I may have chucked it across two rooms, announced that I quit my family, and locked myself in my room, but I didn't cry). But THIS is cry worthy.

12 comments:

Margaret Pratt said...

No way! Your hair looks good in the pictures! I totally noticed and thought it was CUTE! I hope you learn to fix it the way you like and love it! It isn't much solice when other people like it but you still don't.

Cara said...

sorry :(

Krishele said...

That really stinks, sweetie. But you are your worst critic and I'm sure it looks worse to you than everyone else. But I doubt that's any consolation. I'm sorry...bad hair cuts stink!

Erin said...

I think your hair looks cute. You're so funny- I would be much more upset about the ring than the hair... at least the hair will grow out if you don't like it...but probably not before the pictures. Sorry about that.

Aubrey said...

Bad haircuts are so frustrating! When my hair is short, it has a tendency to be more horizontal than vertical if it isn't cut right... so I understand how this can be cry worthy!

Sarah said...

Poor Janae! I totally understand. Right before my 1st grade pictures I went to get a "trim". I wanted my hair shoulder length just like my mom's. Obviously they didn't understand, because they chopped it all the way off! I looked like a very cute boy with his front teeth missing. I cried on picture day. Luckily, hair grows back, right?

Babydoll said...

You would look just fine with your head shaved. I know it is a big deal for you, since it is your hair, but we all think you look just as beautiful as ever!

Stephanie said...

Oh, girl! I am so sorry! A bad haircut is the worst! Such a silly thing for us to get so upset over but really it can be and feel traumatic! Especially when there is the lovely threat/promise of preserving the memory for all posterity to see by taking family pictures. but really, dont we think all hair is funny when we look at old pictures?

Hope you find a way to style it so you like it better....hey if that is the haircut (in the next post) I think it looks good!

Lyndi said...

okay, if your hair looks bad, then mine must look horrible! i think we have the same haircut, only mine parts on the other side and i think yours is still slightly longer in front. mine is too long on top now to do the whole messy look so now i'm stuck with boring boy hair. ugh. at least yours goes in a clip!! mine will, but only with bang thingys in front - just imagine that!

Matt said...

Janae, I'm sorry, that sucks! I got an awful haircut just a few years ago and had to wear a hat for months to hide it! I feel your pain!

katieo said...

there's no way around it. Bad hair cute are very horrible, horrible things.

upside - short hair will grow in like 3 hours!

allie said...

I'm sorry that you don't like it, but it really does look cute! I think the little clip is so cute. It'll grow so fast, too.