Hmmm ... I started this post a week ago, so it kinda covers a big span of stuff. But here goes ...
1) Well, by two weeks Enoch didn't just recover his birth weight (which was 8lbs 3 oz) - he gained a POUND. (That's actually just an assumption, but at 13 days he weighed 9lbs 2 oz, so logic would have it that at that rate of gain, by 14 days he'd be 9lbs 3 oz. Okay, this was the long way to say it. But I'm trying to work on being more honest, so I had to do the full disclosure. There. I was completely, 100% honest. Ha.)

2) I loved my mother-in-law before, but now I REALLY love her. She was here for a week, and I don't think I changed a diaper other than Enoch's the entire time. (Yes, I have three kids in diapers right now. I also have a 2 year-old, a 1 year-old, and a 0 year-old. At least until tomorrow.) Bless her heart! (Does any one else think its funny that I look so much like my mom, and Sam looks so much like his?)

3) The kids love Enoch. I haven't had a single problem with them being jealous of him. For some reason, though, they seem to be duking it out with each other on a daily basis. And when they are mad at ME they like to hit the baby. At first I thought that made no sense, but now I get it. If you really want to get my goat, go after the innocent child. It works. But they seemed to figure that out before I did. Here is yet another 'kissing the baby' picture also known as a 'mauling the baby' picture. If you only knew how hard you have to hold those two back so that they don't smother Enoch!
4) Seara has decided that she wants to be a beautician when she grows up. See? She's already practicing giving facials and pedicures.
5) Elijah's new favorite phrase is "Let's do it!" It is really cute to hear him say it, but it can also be really frustrating. See, he'll say something like, "Ow-ssside!" And then I try to guess what he is saying by asking, "You want to go outside?" (Not because I want to go outside or because I am going to go outside, just because I want to understand.) And then he gets all excited and says, "Yeah! Let's do it!" (as if I was the one who made the suggestion) and runs to grab his shoes. So either I have to muster up the energy to take my three tiny kids outside, or else I have to deal with a toddler fit. Blah.
6) Seara's newest thing is ... well ... the conversations go like this:
[Looking at a picture of me from a few years ago]
"Lissa!" (That is my little sister)
"No, its mommy."
"It's kind of like Lissa, doesn't it."
"Um, yeah, it does look kinda like Lissa, doesn't it."
"Dragon fly!"
"That's actually a spider."
"It's kind of like a dragon fly, doesn't it."
"Yeah, I guess it is kind of like a dragon fly, isn't it."
"Blue cup!" (This time I know she knows the cup isn't blue.)
"It's a purple cup."
"It's kind of like blue, doesn't it."
"Well, yeah, purple is kind of like blue, isn't it."
"Purple lemon!" (Okay, she has gotta be playing games with me.)
"Lemons are yellow, silly!"
"It's kind of like purple lemons, doesn't it."
Now what do I respond?? I don't think yellow and purple are anything alike!
7) Am I the only person who actually believed that when I became an adult I would no longer break out? Or am I the only adult in the universe who still gets zits? Honestly. I thought the BABY was supposed to get the infant acne. Not the mom. Enough said.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Numerated Ruminations (say that 10 times fast!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I feel for you with 3 little ones full of energy. You ROCK!! And yes, I get zits ALL the time! Hope that makes you feel better! Com amor.
yes, my acne is worse now that i am an adult. go figure.
I think I will still be getting zits when I am 80. Such as life! I am so glad you have had so much help in the beginning. 3 kids in diapers is just has to be crazy!
I'm with ya, I still have acne - in fact I think it is worse now than it was in high school! I love Aunt Kaye! She's awesome! How did you get both kids to sit on Grandma's lap, while holding the baby & they are both smiling for the camera! AMAZING!!! Haha! Cute pics!
very funny post, janae. the conversations with seara are so hysterical!
Love it! Seara definitely has a future in cosmetics. And you are right, Sam looks so much like his mom and you do look a lot like our mom. Seara's conversations are adorable and I love Elijah's "yeah, let's do it!" Especially because it reminds me of my favorite saying right now "Let's DO THIS THING!" (from Ratatouille). And...aren't kids so smart when it comes to getting back at the mommy. They know exactly what to do to push buttons and make us fall apart. :) Good luck!
ps Happy Birthday Seara!
Oh, Janae, I feel like I am in your same boat! My kids are almost as close as yours, and yes, it is crazy! Gotta love those conversations with toddlers! Kaley is at a stage where she thinks she KNOWS everything! So if I disagree about anything (even if I am right), she gets more agitated and stubborn! Good times. Thomas does the something similar to Elijah, where he suggests something, I repeat, then he says, "Yeah Mom, that's a good deal!" Then the whole team does it! It is fun! You're doing great! Good luck!
Man your kids are so cute. I miss them so much! I love hearing all the funny things they do...you know, Cara's kids used to think pictures of her were me. Go figure. :)
Thought I'd keep my comments organized like your post :)
1-Sorry you have to nurse such a big baby! :)
2-After you mention it, looking at Sam and his mom is almost freaky!
3-I thought one of the hardest things about having Makenna was keeping Savanna OFF of her!
4-Love this picture!
5-What a cute phrase! That is adorable (good luck though!)
6-So fun to read cute conversations with kids
7-I already have problems with looking a lot younger than my age, and THIS does not help! I'm totally with you.
I love the name Enoch.
This post was fabulous. I love your sense of humor and your honest-ness, Janae.
Love the conversations with Seara, that is funny.
Love the "Lets do it!" So endearing.
And the whole bit about the zits....amen sister!!
Janae, this is why I love you! Our lives are so incredibly different yet they are so much the same and strangely enough, so are our thought processes. Your little one is adorable! And I felt a little bit of kudos being able to recognize those pretty red sheets of yours. I'm still using the set I went out and got after you told me about yours. I also love the pedicure and facial Seara did...what a crack up. It's strange how kids regurgitate what they see, but sometimes it's kind of a almost freaky version of it.
The acne? Yeah, I've all of a sudden started breaking out just this summer...maybe it's something in the air that's hovering over the entire United States and only a few of us lucky people are really affected by it. Who knows. Whatever it is, it's stupid.
Post a Comment