You were wrong. You thought I hadn't written in the blog because I had the baby and was either in the hospital or recovering. Nope. I'm here at home, cursing the day I got pregnant*, and visiting with my mother, who is here to help me with my non-existent baby. If I didn't have such a strong testimony of the importance of taking the sacrament and renewing my covenants, I would NOT go to church today. It was bad enough two weeks ago. Showing up today is downright humiliating. A few weeks ago I was nervous about going into labor, but now - BRING IT ON!! I don't care how much it hurts, I want this baby, and I want it now. And if you are in my immediate family you darn well better be fasting for me to have this thing soon. :)
Despite the fact that I didn't go into labor, we had a fabulous 4th of July. My mom's younger brother Bryce and my dad's younger sister Carol are married to each other (that is completely legal, by the way, and not gross in any way) and they live an hour away in Virginia. So, we spent the day with them. We had a fabulous time!! Carol took a ton of pictures (yay!) so here are some highlights:
A candid (obviously) picture of lunch at a 'park'. In Utah we would call this a forest.
The kids - Elijah is sitting on the arm rests of our chairs, and apparently quite comfortable.
Fireworks
"Look at the fireworks!" pointing from Lije with Seara terrified in the background.
Elijah LOVED the fireworks!
Okay, except some of them. The really big and bright ones were scary, so he closed his eyes.
I don't think 'terrified' does justice to the terror she felt!
By the end she started taking periodic peaks - but with just one eye.
Our patriotically dressed family.
*I'm not really serious about the cursing thing, in case you don't know me well and were worried.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Ugh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
good luck, janae! i heard that the babies that come later are more calm & laid back...just hold onto that thought! hope you get some relief soon & goodluck with all of it!you look GREAT, by the way, to be so far along-- maybe that's why the baby hasn't come, you don't LOOK that pregnant-and-miserable yet! :)
oh! you have me in such suspense! I'm like checking your blog every day, hoping you have been put out of your misery. But I'm glad you had a good Fourth with the fam.
We were in Winslow for the 4th! I'm glad to hear your Mom has arrived. That's great! 2 of mine were over 40 weeks. It is mentally and physically torturous. I hope you survived church. Best wishes with the arrival of your new baby! He or She will be here soon!
I am thinking of you constantly (praying too, I can't fast though). I check your blog and am so glad you are bringing everyone up to speed even if the latest news is just frustration. I remember the three days I went over my dure date with Mary and they were truly miserable!
So, I think it's funny that Elijah is wearing the pink bib. :) And that you didn't even address it. Did you even notice? :) (Coming from the one who has two boys both of which have the favorite color of pink- they'll learn soon enough.) Still praying man. Enjoy Mom. :)
How I wished that when I checked your blog this morning there would be baby news. Time to get the little bundle of (joy?) out into the world. Hope it is soon!
Lo veo y no lo creo!!!...es posible que el tiempo pase tan rĂ¡pido y yo ya tenga 3 hermosos sobrinos??..casi lloro cuando vi su foto!... FELICIDADES amigos!!...Enoch es tan bello!!...los tres son tan tan bellos!!, me muero de ganas de conocerlos! Ojala pronto pueda darse!
Les mando un beso enorme a los 5!! Los quiero mucho!
Post a Comment