Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Enith ... I mean Enoch

You know, there are significant advantages to living far away from family. For example, people like me (aka. people who don't like to ask for help because that would be admitting that we cannot single-handedly take on the world) like the comfort of having family near because we know we can ask for help 'if we need it'. Problem is, when we need it we won't admit it. Living far away means that Mom comes out when the baby is born and you have to accept the help that you desperate need, and refuse to admit to. Until you are blogging about it to the entire world. :) So, my mom came out from Saturday July 5th to Saturday July 12th. Just a couple hours after her flight home took off, my mother-in-law arrived, and she will be staying until this Saturday, the 19th. I am well taken care of!


Enoch is growing and changing each day. Literally. He was 8lbs 3oz at birth, and ideally babies will recover their birth weight by their two week mark. (Babies lose quite a few ounces just after birth.) Well, at 8 days he weighed 8lbs 12oz. Yikes!! This kid is going to be HUGE! As you can see from the pictures, he is mostly bald (his brother and sister had much more hair at birth) and what hair he has is blond/strawberry blond (Sease and Lije had medium/dark brown hair at birth). He is not only really long height-wise, but he also has long fingers, and super longer toes. (Trenton, I think you've met your match!!) Obviously, he is my gift to the gene pool.


We have quickly discovered how many people know their Bible, and how many don't. Most everyone has said his name without any hesitation, but we've heard a few interesting variations of his name. 'E-knock' is the most common (I prefer to say 'E-nick'), but we did have a nurse in the hospital call him 'E-nith' and another at the pediatricians call him 'Eh-no-CH'. And at church they announced the birth of 'Enoch Olay', which made Samuel turn beet red. I just laughed because, heck, I grew up in South America and everyone always called my dad 'Olay'.

Enoch has gotten some really cute gifts - including this amazing quilt my Aunt Carol made in two days (or something ridiculously impossible like that).


He also got darling booties that my friend Jerry knitted for him. Enoch and I aren't the only ones who love the booties, though. Elijah likes to steal them for 'alternate' uses.


And then, of course, my Uncle Bryce quickly figured out that Enoch's initials are EOR. So he appropriately got the baby this:


Okay, and I just have to throw these pictures in. I normally don't put two similar pictures on the blog, but I can't help myself. These were my two favorite people this last week!


10 comments:

austinamasandra said...

You put the rest of us to shame. 3 kids (including a brand new baby) and you have the energy to blog! Very, very impressive!

Anonymous said...

I love Elijah in the earwarmers! I laughed so hard, milk came out my nose. Baby Enoch is wonderful! ~ jerry

Babydoll said...

He is just adorable. Congratulations. Karen emailed me this link, so I was excited to read about it. I can't wait until I have a minute to catch up on your life.
Boston

Lissa Nelson said...

I can't believe how old Lij looks!! I'm so sad that we're missing all of this. I had an interesting thought as to why I love your kids so much...I'll have to share it with you sometime. :)

Mel said...

I can't believe you have the energy to do this much blogging! I guess you have more experience than me but you also have 2 more kids than me! Maybe someday I'll be as productive as you. But don't count on it.

AngieVach said...

I had the funniest dream about you guys last night! Ha! I'll have to share it with you - remind me! Enoch is just adorable. We miss you guys!

allie said...

Enoch looks like such an adorable baby! I was very glad to see that you posted... I have no idea how you have any time to, though! :)

Rebecca said...

Congradulations! He looks just like Sam. Cute name too. We are all missing you guys here, too many people are moving out. I hope you are loving your new place.

Rebecca said...

Enoch is such a cool name! I'm finally back and blogging...well, looking at other people's blogs anyway. And I checked yours first because I wanted to see your baby. He's so adorable! I was right! I guessed boy! :o)

Megan said...

I don't know how you do it. I just (well, four months ago) had my second and I am definitely hanging with two for a while. I miss "walking off the baby weight" with you in the mornings!