Monday, July 7, 2008

It can't get worse than this

Remember how I was supposed to be induced at 7:30 this morning? Ha. The hospital ended up having some 'emergency' inductions, and because mine is technically 'elective' I was bumped back to Wednesday. Just my luck. I am now walking around dilated to 5 cm. And no sign on labor. I have now been waiting for this baby to be born 'any day now' for five weeks. The freaking longest five weeks of my life. There was a lady in some third world country whose baby died in her womb and fossilized there, so she was pregnant for some 50 years. See? It can happen. I really may be pregnant forever.

9 comments:

denise @ little ant design said...

We'll pray a little harder!

austinamasandra said...

I HOPE YOU HAVE THAT BABY SOON!

heidizinha said...

i'm trying not to laugh...mostly i feel really sorry for you. wednesday can't come soon enough!

xoxo

Sarah said...

OH Janae! How lame of them!!! Hang in there. We're praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Janae, Email me your snail mail address. I knitted some booties. :)
jerry
girljerry@iw.net

Margaret and Murray Pratt said...

My jaw is dropped to the floor! I am so sorry Janae! I am glad you have your mom, she has a way of making hard things easier. I loved when she would come to the hospital when Mary was born. We will pray harder!!!

ALYN said...

You're halfway already! Hopefully it'll just be a few hours of active labor, and your baby will be in your arms. We'll be thinking of you...

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I should have sympathy, but instead I am enjoying the posts too much and secretly hope there is more drama to report tomorrow. That would be much more entertaining than the post on having the baby...right? Well, Janae's description of labor will probably be entertaining too, so I take it back and hope you do finally give birth. But if by any chance you don't, please post so I can enjoy your misery...I mean feel sorry for you and pray for you.

Derek

Davis Smith said...

Congrats Janae and Happy Birthday today!!!! -Davis