Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Grandmas & Blocks

Seara and Elijah had a fabulous time with Grandma Smith (my mom) this last week. For some reason, Seara's favorite grandma name to say is Grandma Baker (who is my maternal grandma). Well, at the first of the week she called my mom Grandma Baker, and I told her "That's not Grandma Baker! That's Grandma Smith!" So for the rest of the week Seara called her 'Not Grandma Baker'. I've tried and tried to get her to say Grandma Smith, but to no avail. So yesterday we were looking at pictures and I called my mom 'Grandma Dena'. (Mind you, my mother-in-law is here right now and she goes by Grandma Kaye.) Well, I said it ONCE, but Seara picked up on that one quickly and now yells "Grandma Dena!" every time she sees a picture of my mom. Sorry, mom. I'll keep working on her. :)


Okay, so one quick story. We have these traditional wood blocks, right? And the kids love to look at the pictures and talk about the letters, but they never build anything. (Probably because you can't get three blocks stacked without Elijah gleefully knocking them all over.) So this one afternoon Seara was playing all by herself in the toy corner. Elijah was napping, my mom was reading a book on one couch, I was holding Enoch on another, so no one was really watching her. Well, Seara eventually came out and began playing in the living room near us, and my mom went to the kitchen (where the play corner is) to get something. Suddenly my mom calls out, "Janae, you have got to come see this!" So I go into the kitchen and this is what I found:


Mind you, Seara has never built anything before. I was floored! Who knew she could do that?! We tried all week to get her to do it again, but she wouldn't. Then, during the window where my mom had left but my mother-in-law hadn't arrived yet, and while Elijah was stuck in his high chair, Seara made this:


She got those two blocks on, by the way. It fell over a couple levels later.

3 comments:

austinamasandra said...

sure talent! :)

ALYN said...

Go girl! That's an Engineer, right there. Impressive block skills. Madi always was sad that the pre school rule was that you weren't allowed to build higher than your head.

Krishele said...

Wow!!!