Friday, December 9, 2011

Read Carefully

This is our Christmas postcard for 2011...

Surprise! After desperately wanting a baby for two plus years, I'm finally getting my wish! Hallelujah!

31 comments:

The Pingels said...

Oh my gosh!!! So excited for you! I'm hoping for another girl for you!

janae said...

Thanks, Linds! Wouldn't it be funny if I had a boy, and then you and I had our families exactly reverse?!

Sara said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys!

Jenna said...

Aw, congratulations! Your family picture is beautiful.

Karen said...

Gorgeous family picture. CONGRATULATIONS!

Karen said...

Ha, ha! That comment could be read wrong. I'm not saying congratulations on getting a gorgeous family picture, I'm sending well wishes for the new babe!

Megan said...

Yay! I was so excited to see that when I got your card. Congratulations!

Paige said...

Woohoo!!

PS: Are you guys still planning to make a pilgrimage to Saguaro National Park on or around Dec. 23? I just want to be sure we will be here when you guys are in town! We can discuss it on the Sunday Skype.

Lyndi said...

CONGRATS! So exciting! I was gonna say that he or she should get a Biblical name...but I guess that's the trend already. :)

Sarah Rachelle said...

Hooray! I was so excited to see that on your postcard. Cute family picture! We'll be sending you ours soon... I might need your address. :-)

Jolie said...

Woo hoo!! We've done it again! Ok, now I'm wondering if our kiddos are planning this out themselves in the preexistence because each of our children (our #1's, our #2's, #3's, and now our #4's) will all be born within months of each other. How uncanny and awesome is that?!
When Josh and I started "trying" for another baby back in Feb. of this year I was secretly hoping that we'd have a March baby next year because ever since I was younger, I'd always imagined myself having a March baby. I don't know, maybe because I'm Irish or something. And then it wasn't until a month or 2 ago that I got pregnant so that rules out a March birth. ;-)
Since Josh's birthday is in March I told him that maybe HE is the March baby I'd always dreamed of having. hehehehe

Congrats you two and I'm gonna send you baby girl wishes. Then you'd have one of each. ;-)

Jennifer J said...

Woo hoo hoo! Congratulations!!!

janae said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU! It's fun to have other people be excited for you, especially since I'm SUPER EXCITED for myself. :) And Paige, yes, let's talk.

Erin said...

Yay!!! So excited for you to get your wish! When you said not to comment on your Christmas card I knew that it must be baby news but I refrained from guessing! Super cute card- and way to keep the Christmas announcements going!

Leah said...

Congrats on the new babe! Such a cute Christmas card!

Cara said...

Yay, yay, yay! And I love the card!

The Parkers said...

When we got the postcard I gave it to Ben and said "I knew it!" I have been waiting for an announcement...not sure why but had a feeling you were (like I know you that well lol) I have you know too that your Christmas Card shoots really well like a chinese star (Ben almost took off my head giving the card back to me) Congratulations for sure! I hope you are feeling good with this one!

Janell said...

Yay, Janae! Congratulations! And yes, it's a very cute Christmas card. Such a cute little family you have :)

Meg said...

Congratulations on joining the baby 2012 bandwagon! We're expecting our first boy, crazy no?, in April.

Jessica said...

Janae, I am so excited for you!!!! Hooray!

Paige said...

Congratulations Ricks family!! We were so excited to read the great news when your postcard arrived. We are so happy for you! Congrats and Merry Christmas!

LuAnne said...

Yay! Congrats! You are just a few weeks behind me :) We're due 4/14!

Kori said...

Somehow I knew you'd announce something very exciting! My oldest Spencer was born May 20, 2007 so if your baby is born on the due date they'll be 5 years apart. Good luck on the pregnancy and congrats!

Kelli said...

seriously. i got your post card and said "oh, that sneaky janae." i was thinking you had made a few comments this last year that sounded like you wanted another! i hope you get another girl too-even things up a bit.

janae said...

Oh, Kelli, I've been wanting to get pregnant since the Spring of 2009. And I haven't been very quiet about it, have I?! :)

katieo said...

Congratulations to all of you! So fabulous! So exciting!!!

also - adorable/awesome Christmas card. really.

Elizabeth said...

I am so happy for you, Janae.

What a lovely, wonderful, awesome thing.

Qait said...

YAY! What happy news! That is really exciting! :D

Stephen and Debbie said...

CONGRATS!!! We are so happy for you! What an amazing thing! The picture is awesome!!! We loved getting the real thing in the mail!!! Thanks!

Krishele said...

Congrats!!! (again) since I found out about the new baby a little out of order. ;) Nice card too. Did Hailey do your family pictures this time? I'm guessing it wasn't actually snowing and that is post picture, processing effect. Really cool. I like it.

janae said...

We got them done at Fotogenix (that's typically where we go, although they are super expensive), and believe it or not, that really is real snow. The weather was nice and sunny, but as soon as we got outside it started to snow these huge flakes (which ironically are the only ones that work in snow pictures). The photographer was sure it wouldn't turn out because it's so unlikely to get a picture without snow covering at least someone's face, but we were luck and got just one that worked. And I loved it!