Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Catsup

What we did with our leftover Halloween candy...


After watching The Santa Clause, and previously knowing the truth about Santa...
Seara: Mom, do you believe in Santa Claus?
Me: No.
Seara: Well, I do.

On that note, it's a good thing Seara isn't Santa, since she wrote her own nice and naughty list...
Nice List
Elijah
Sam
Me (meaning Seara)
Janae
Grama B.
Grama K.
Grama (my mom)
Grampa Matt
Grampa (my dad)
Nody List
Enoch

BYU Football game. Everyone else froze. But we were wearing pjs, then clothes, then snow bibs. Two socks, two gloves, two hats. Plus blankets. I don't do cold.

While trying to plan my very busy day aloud...
Elijah: [watching me funny] Dad's not here.
Me: [ignore him and keep muttering]
Elijah: You're not talking to us, are you?
Me: No, I'm talking to myself.
Elijah: Then maybe you should talk in your head.
(This was especially funny because none of my kids talk to themselves, so I've never told anyone not to do it.)

And on that note, Elijah celebrated his 5th birthday in November. My kids have cumulatively celebrated 14 birthdays, and I still haven't thrown a friends party. I'm lame like that.

Last, but definitely not least, this guy went into the MTC at 1:30 pm today. He's serving his mission in Madagascar (Malagasy speaking). We're super excited for him, but super sad for us! Gonna miss you tons, Liam!!

13 comments:

Kelli said...

Can't believe little Liam is on his mission. After Lissa I never really paid attention to your brothers because they were so much younger than me. So, Liam is still about 2 in my head. Crazy. Good use of the Halloween candy! And I'd say it's a Smith thing, not handling the cold and all, because I certainly can't, but my Dad doesn't even wear a light jacket until it's snowing.

janae said...

Kelli - I know exactly how you feel about the little cousins. Some of them I know pretty well, but many of them I have a hard time even naming! So sad!

Sam Ricks said...

I have to say, I'm a huge fan of your random posts. I like all the disparate thoughts crammed together. Awesome.

Melanie said...

Liam, going on a mission? Wow! I remember when he was born. I feel so old. That's awesome!

I can stop laughing about the talking to yourself quote. :)

janae said...

Thanks, Sam. I like them too. Of all my posts, they feel the most like me.

Paige said...

You know they have medication now that helps with... "the voices". jk :)

I am totally a fan of over-doing it when it comes to layering in cold weather. I love cold weather but I hate being cold!

janae said...

You would know, Paige. You would know.

;)

Stephen and Debbie said...

What a cute family! We love the idea about Halloween and wish you lots of luck to be on the good lists!!!

Kori said...

I never knew what language they spoke in Madagascar. Thanks for letting us blog readers know and yes I do know where Madagascar is and I haven't even seen the movie.

janae said...

Kori - Haha! Your comment reminded me of when I served. People used to always confuse Portugal (where I served) with Paraguay. So they'd ask if I spoke Spanish. Which I do. But not because of my mission, because in Portugal they speak Portuguese.

Cara said...

Love the talking to yourself conversation. That's awesome.

Krishele said...

I've only done two friends parties to date for my kids...don't feel too lame. I think they are over-rated. I'm liking the cupcakes though...how'd you do the designs?


I so remember when Liam was Enoch's age...that's really how I see him in my head whenever you mention him. Weird, huh?

janae said...

Krishele - We got pictures off the internet, sized them to the right size, printed them off, and then used a razor blade to slice them out for a stencil. Then we just gently placed them on the cupcakes and put on sprinkles.