As you walk into my house, you face the great room. Kitchen, dining room, and living room all in one. Space wise, this is awesome. But it also means that you see everything in one fell swoop. While I was morning sick (which, yes, to all your snarky folk, does last all day long) the whole thing fell apart. But on one particularly good day (in which I thought I had lost the baby because I felt so awesome), I decided to tackle the mess and time myself. Not only did I clean and organize, I also dusted, swept, and mopped. Even under the couches. The whole thing took me 3 hours.
Now I just need to decide if 3 hours is impressive or excessive. Am I really fast, or really slow?

18 comments:
definitely impressive. thats a lot to do in 3 hours.
Impressive. Wow!
I had days like that while I was early pregnant too. They were bittersweet. I was happy because I actually felt good, but worried about the baby. Waking up feeling terrible th next day was disappointing and reassuring all at the same time.
I sometimes covet an open floor plan, but have to admit that a hidden (usually messy) kitchen can be a blessing!!!
You are really thorough. Come to my house.
Aubrey - The one thing my mom always hated about her house was that the first thing you see when she opens the front door is the kitchen sink. Like you said, there are serious advantages to having it hidden!
You are seriously fast. I am mucho impressed.
is that 3 hours with or without kids- please clarify.
Well done!
Impressive! No question.
With or without kids, three hours is pretty impressive!
Three hours is faster than I can clean our apartment!
"Yay, other people have messy houses too!" -Joseph
Ruth - The kids were around, but mostly I shewed them away and made them play in their room. If they were underfoot, this would have taken a month!
First off, I LOVE how honest and willing you are to show pics of the house in its before state. Not that that was even that bad, but I think too often we as women try to give the impression that our house is always clean and orderly, but c'mon!! of course none of our houses ever are that way all the time with kids. It's not humanly possible.
Me and my girlfriends here have made a pact with each other, in fact. We've promised that when we have play dates at one another's houses we will not go to excessive lengths to get our houses looking perfect and immaculate for day-to-day guests. Instead, just let each other visit our homes in its clean, yet "lived in" state. And this, we agree, has taken the pressure and stress off of our regular get togethers. I've loved it.
And I totally agree with you about the open floor plan thing. From our front door you can see everything. My kitchen sink and table and even the laundry room. :-(
I your before pics?? yeah, that's exactly what my house looks like these days! Sigh....
Your house is beautiful! Congratulations on your baby! I am soooo happy for you!!! I am just loving my little girl. You must be so thrilled!!
Reminds me of some blog posts I used to write. The 3 hours is impressive. How can a pregnant woman summon up 3 hours of energy all at once? And you accomplished so much! Love the pictures!
Alyn- It was actually those posts of yours that inspired me in the first place. So, thanks for the clean house! :)
Well, I think this is pretty impressive, especially with kids around, it would really have taken me a month. I guess because my youngest is still under 2 and clingy whenever awake:). But you've motivated me to get some great before/after pictures this weekend!
Dang it, you've inspired me to go clean!
Looks good to me, and 3 hours is pretty good, especially being leery that nausea might hit at any time. Good job on being super productive. :)
Post a Comment