I feel like I need to blog, but I have nothing to say. So I compiled a list of short drafts that I had in blogger, and voila! a stream of consciousness post.
__________________________________
Occasionally when I leave phone messages for people I don't know, they hesitate to call back because they think I'm crank calling them. Apparently Janae Ricks sounds a lot like "generics" and my phone number includes the sequence "01234x678." So I come across as a phony. No pun intended.
__________________________________
This last summer a builder here in Utah built an exact replica of the house from the movie Up! I wanted to buy it. Desperately.
__________________________________ When I was pregnant with Seara I craved and drank pickle juice and soy sauce. True story. I think I must have been sodium deficient. At least I didn't lick walls like giraffes do.
__________________________________
First day in the first grade. Anyone else singing the song from the Veggie Tales Jonah movie?
__________________________________Sam and I don't argue. Ever. But not for my lack of trying. I come from a verbal family, where nearly every emotion is stated and all opinions/disagreements/frustrations must be hashed out. I never feel anything I don't say, at least to Sam. He, on the other hand, comes from a really quiet family who never really talk about, well, anything when it comes to what they think or how they feel. And to top it off, he's a peacemaker. Hence we don't argue. But man, if I was married to anyone else on earth, we'd surely have it out at least once a month!
__________________________________
Seara finally lost her first tooth this last summer. After she lost the second, she wrote this letter to her kindergarten teacher:
Der Ms. HokinsonApparently she thinks the teacher still has the blank tooth up marking how many teeth Seara lost during Kindergarten. So cute!
I lost 2 teeth. Plez mark 2 lins on the wigte tuth that sez my naime.
Love Seara
__________________________________
I have no clue what or where this is. My kids on a moose?!
__________________________________Did you know that I had never heard of the last name Ricks until I met Sam? Really, I hadn't. Oh, I had heard of Ricks College up in Idaho. But it was Rick's College, see. First name, not last. Yes, I really am that smart.





12 comments:
:) This post made me smile.
And I craved pickles and orange juice with Amalie. At the same time.
Love you! Your posts make me smile, and even giggle a little bit. :)
Cara - That's so gross. But I sympathize. :)
Where is that house? Can I go inside? Where are the interior photos? so awesome!
The house is in Herriman, which is the southwest corner of the Salt Lake Valley. They put it as part of the Parade of Homes so everyone could tour it, but after that it was put on the market and sold. There is an interior video here, though!
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52717887-78/bangerter-herriman-lake-movie.html.csp
not related to this post, but i think i caught a glimpse of your husband in the "behind the scenes in goshen" clip on the church's main page. Didn't know if you knew or not. we love dropping in on your blog!
Gina - I have seen it, but I still think it's hilarious! In the preview shot before you even play, he's right there in the middle of the screen. SO FUNNY!
Loved this post. I think I like random too! And that Up house is so cute. How would it be to live in a house that cute?
Bos - I know! The interior even has all the murals. It just makes me happy. :) I think I'd smile every time I got home.
1. I'm glad you don't lick the walls.
2. I am now singing the VeggieTales song in my mind.
3. The moose picture is at RedButte Gardens. This is the moose area. The kids thought they were going to see real moose and were sorely disappointed. Actually, I thought they were going to get to see real moose, too. The map made the moose look so real!
4. So you're saying there's no Santa?
I love that house!!!
Where in the world is that house from "Up"? I'd LOVE to see it!!! Does the inside look just like it too?
I'm typically not an arguer, myself. It takes a bit to get me to lose my temper. That said, my spouse and I have had our fair share of arguments (yes, I bearing it all). You and he would probably have killed each other by now.
Post a Comment