Tomorrow is Sam's last day on set. Monday was the last scene with all of the apostles (Triumphal Entry), today he and John are at the Savior's walk to Golgotha, and tomorrow Peter, James, and John are healing followers. And then it's DONE. It's crazy to think that it's coming to an end. It has been such an incredible experience! Sam is going to miss eating all the super fancy-schmancy food they feed cast members, too. He eats waaaaaay better there than he does at home! FYI, Sam didn't say that. I'm just surmising. But I know what he eats there (Greek), and I know what he eats here (corn dogs), and it is not the same.
To end it all, here are the watercolors Sam's done throughout his time on set. My favorite is the big one in the middle with the red beard. Love it!
ps. For those wondering, he can't shave or cut his hair until he gets permission. There are a few things in limbo right now, and we won't know for sure what's going on until December. In two weeks he'll trim it back about 6 months worth, but he'll keep some hair and some beard until we know more.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
Amazing! Love these watercolors, thank you for sharing. I can't believe how fast that went--what a seriously incredible experience. I love how much you shared with us through your blog, thank you!!
Great paintings! I can't believe it's already done. AVD tried to talk Dillon into keeping his beard and hair and coming back for more filming, but we're 10 hours away and I just couldn't bear the idea of him leaving for another week. I knew he was sad about that, but he did get to work three days which is more than we originally bargained for.
Awesome watercolors! Thanks for taking us along with your adventure. We've enjoyed it.
Awwww. I can't believe it's almost over. What an unforgettable experience.
Wow that seemed to go by fast! I hope he still has the beard for the holidays :):)
Almost done already? Man, for such a long wait to finally start it, it sure got done fast!
Kelli - NO KIDDING! I mean, Sam started this beard last October, so by the time he cuts it, he'll have gone a full year. And 10 months of that was just the waiting part!
He might as well just wait until the winter/snow season is over in Utah. If he shaves before then, his face is going to freeze off!
Wow! I can't believe it's almost over, I remember when you talked about his audition. I can't wait to actually get to see the movie!
Linds - I hadn't thought of that! Hilarious! We have wondered how awesome his beard tan line might be ... :)
Beautiful drawings! They will make nice memories of this awesome experience.
I can't believe it's almost over either. I bet it will be nice for you to have your hubby around a little bit more. But what an incredible experience to be a part of. Thanks for sharing some of it with us!
He has such a gift! WOW! So jealous!
What's wrong with corn dogs? ;) Those are really neat paintings. I've always been amazed with Sam's talent. I want to see the movie...can you see it outside of Temple Square? (Cause obviously I'm not going to be visiting there anytime really soon.)
Post a Comment